free hit
counters
what's going on with these sills? - Elite / Eclat / Excel Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Dion

what's going on with these sills?

Quite interested in the car pictured but the sills seems weird. Both sides! What could be the cause? Or can this be normal?

elite la.jpg

elite lv.png

elite r.jpg

elite rv.png

elite rvv.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks like someone may have tried a trolley jack under the floor to lift the car. Check the underside for stress cracks, check door shuts. Basically make sure everything lines up properly and there is no water ingress.

I would also ask the Seller for a photo of the undercarriage / chassis. Seemed a little concerning no photos of the underside were included in the post.

31 minutes ago, PedalSpeed said:

I would also ask the Seller for a photo of the undercarriage / chassis. Seemed a little concerning no photos of the underside were included in the post.

Is the tail gate glass missing, make sure you at least get all the part's hinges etc as they are getting very scarce and you may struggle to get replacement glass. You could always fit poly carbonate but it wont last with rear wipers going on it.

4 hours ago, johnpwalsh said:

Is the tail gate glass missing, make sure you at least get all the part's hinges etc as they are getting very scarce and you may struggle to get replacement glass. You could always fit poly carbonate but it wont last with rear wipers going on it.

It definitely looks like there's a new 'vent'.

Sports Car World has a replacement rear window in stock. I can't remember if their replacement glass is tinted or not, nor can I remember if it has the rear window defroster, but the price was around $400 if memory serves.