free hit
counters
New EVO - Lotus Content - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

New EVO - Lotus Content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

24301136_1543125535724545_90229246362903

• Like 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

In other EVO news - 

"......some of you have asked where our annual eCoty celebration was last month. Worry not, it's coming next month, as an end-of-year treat and will be more comprehensive than ever before".

I'd like to think they delayed eCoty to include one or more of the recently arrived Lotus models. Fingers crossed.

• Like 1

I'm not so sure. Interesting to read their first drive of the new Alpine 110 - http://www.evo.co.uk/alpine/a110 Is this the beginning of the end of the EVO/Porsche love-in?

"How Does It Drive?

Pretty sensational, if we’re being honest. In simple terms, we reckon the A110 could well be a better sports coupe than the 718 Cayman, full stop. That is saying something, but we really do mean it.

How so? Well not only does the A110 weigh several hundred kilograms less than a 718, it also has a higher power-to-weight ratio and carries far less inertia around with it, so it’s quicker and more agile. It also makes a much nicer noise, is built to a surprisingly high standard and, to some eyes, looks rather lovely too."

Strikes me the Alpine is a serious competitor to the Elise as well, as some comments note. If it wasn't so ugly.....

• Gold FFM

Most interesting thing I've seen in the article so far.... the "new" Elise has slipped back to a 2022 release already. That didn't take long.

James Martin (JayEmm)
Director of Photography & Car Enthusiast

Follow my Lotus adventure online! www.jayemm.com

Neither surprising nor unusual in the car industry. Not something worth making anything of in my opinion. An all-new Elise will be a big deal for the company and hopefully the wider industry too if they manage to re-capture some of the game-changing achievements of the original.

It's better that they take their time and do it properly. It's no small task to maintain the qualities that make the Elise so special using a bigger, easier to get in and out of chassis. I'm hoping they'll work wonders of course but am the sort that thinks the Elise ain't broke and doesn't need fixing. I'm convinced that strong marketing and promotion could see sales improve dramatically with the car they've got. All the journos say it's more relevant than ever, I agree. They just need more people to drive them. It's a great '3rd car' too, most of those who enjoy driving have room for an Elise in their life, very few who could have bought a new one in recent years.

As for the Evo article I'm glad they were generous with the star ratings but I think they gave the cars pretty short shrift. The press are generally supportive of Lotus but collectively seem to be struggling to write anything I haven't read before. Complimentary as they were, I thought the GT430 in particular deserved more than the 6 brief paragraphs that it got. Seemed hardly worth visiting Hethel for.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

Neither surprising nor unusual in the car industry. Not something worth making anything of in my opinion. An all-new Elise will be a big deal for the company and hopefully the wider industry too if they manage to re-capture some of the game-changing achievements of the original.

It's better that they take their time and do it properly. It's no small task to maintain the qualities that make the Elise so special using a bigger, easier to get in and out of chassis. I'm hoping they'll work wonders of course but am the sort that thinks the Elise ain't broke and doesn't need fixing. I'm convinced that strong marketing and promotion could see sales improve dramatically with the car they've got. All the journos say it's more relevant than ever, I agree. They just need more people to drive them. It's a great '3rd car' too, most of those who enjoy driving have room for an Elise in their life, very few who could have bought a new one in recent years.

As for the Evo article I'm glad they were generous with the star ratings but I think they gave the cars pretty short shrift. The press are generally supportive of Lotus but collectively seem to be struggling to write anything I haven't read before. Complimentary as they were, I thought the GT430 in particular deserved more than the 6 brief paragraphs that it got. Seemed hardly worth visiting Hethel for.

I wholeheartedly Agree. However there's only one tiny problem with the Elise and the Exige right now... We living on the wrong side of the Atlantic cannot have it unless we agree to only drive it on our private tracks or driveways. If the new car is delayed further I think they should federalize the Elige platform again ; they have the smart airbag passenger sensor so they just need to figure out the side airbags and crash test half a dozen cars... They could reengineer the doorcards, it would make the car heavier but if they manage to do it, they could very well sell an extra 200 to 300 cars per annum till 2022 they could turn a small profit from this operation and they would make their dealers happy.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, GTK said:

Haven't seen the EVO stuff but the results tally with the couple of videos released on the Elise Cup and Evora 430's by Carfection. I'm starting to feel sick I want an Elise so badly. 

Understandable, but won't give you many opportunities to practice your welding!

• Haha 1

On 05/12/2017 at 10:47, Bibs said:

24301136_1543125535724545_90229246362903

Oops - typo on rear wheel/tyre size on Exige430. Should be 18”.

Assume my subs copy will be waiting for me when I get home from business....