free hit
counters
harness fitting - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Turbo911

harness fitting

Hi, im in the process of fitting my Scroth harnesses and was wondering what other guys did regarding the existing belts did you remove the complete standard setup and if so does this put the seatbelt light on in the dash display ? its also looking like there are wires connected to the real think its prob some kind of tensioner on impact ?, any help or advice welcome,

cheers... 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I can't help much, but I had harnesses added to my Exige and kept the inertia reel belts as well. There's a connector under the seat which if you disconnect it, will stop the warning light from coming on.

I just fitted them

You can keep both but It require some adapting and of course everything should be done weel as it could make the belts not to work as intended

I don t know how exactely Lotus fit them from the factory when delivering a car with both type of belts and not easy to see from pictures

basically the outer driver the outer passenger and inner driver and passanger seat lower mountings are different and if you just add or remove spacers it could then not let the mountings pivot and move freely as they should and it s not ideal

I ordered the sector 111 hardware kit form msar.co.uk that supply special bolts and spacers but ended up not using all of it as in the inner mountings I just removed the oem spacer but put back the oem springs.

What was useful was the special made bolt.

I think that the problem is that the lates schroth harness are using slightly thicker belst buckles and the sector 111 kit was made for slightly thinner ones so the bolt unthreaded part and spacers are not long enough and will still block the free movement when tight but still much better than nothing and except if you can find other solutions or custom parts or spacers is nice to have those parts anyway.

you can also order them at inokinetic

Edited by Maxi_z

got it all sorted removed the OEM belts completely was a PIA but prob saved half a kilo so must be worth a 10th of a second a lap ..... 

I just left them in and cable tied them to the harness bar out of the way

I also left them in because of TÜV (MOT).

The  Schroth are not street legal (!), at least in my country. Because they’re not approved for the Exige S.

I removed a spacer or spring at the seat to install both belts  (sorry, can’t remember exactly)

And for a short distance I prefer the stock belts. Simply quicker to use.

Edited by ArthouseCompany