free hit
counters
Beat a mazarati?????? easily!?? - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Roberto Esprit

Beat a mazarati?????? easily!??

So I was in the city today grumbeling through traffic when finally I got up front. As I tried to call a friend back I was interrupted by a large "vwoom!" I looked. What the hell is that!? Oh someone stuck mazarati vents on a 350z I thought he had vossens on street strip pirellis. F#ck it. I blipped it and made sure I was in first. I was sweatting bullets because my clutch slipped the day before just driving. I relaxed just before the green and he lurched a bit before I gave it full pedal. Smoked him. He was still coming so I let off and hammered him again. The next light is where I could see his full front end.It was the real thing. I thought ok. Hell switch modes and beat me bad. No this time I gave it all I dared. I could hear him behind me roaring away. I just let off after the first 1/8th mile because he was so slow.

This dont seem right. My car is real close to stock and 27 to boot. 1990 SE.

I think bad driver or an ecm limit or a bad transmssion. I love my Esprit but... No way dude. Maybe I was huffing carbonmonoxide and dreamed it all. Ive drivven mazdarotboxes before while being slow for what they are they arent THAT slow.... Your thoughts?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Glad you don't live near me.

• Haha 1

I don't race other drivers having learnt my lesson when I was beaten off the lights by a Nissan Leaf!!

• Haha 1
  • Sad 1

^ took a buddy of mine out in ours the other day - he was gobsmacked by it

36 minutes ago, Paul Coleman said:

I don't race other drivers having learnt my lesson when I was beaten off the lights by a Nissan Leaf!!

I have a Nissan LEAF and I have never been beaten off the lights by anything! 0-30 they are incredible.

• Like 1

Anyone got a mazerati and want to explain what the heck happened?
I usually dont but I was cranky.

Also That box is gonna go and I dont really care which way it does one piece or 5.

I was fully expecting that terrible horrid sound of exhaust to echo in my ear as he bolted away.

FOUND OUT WHY: Ok nevermind... Wow they aint even building them to the same polished turd they had been. 530 h.p. paired to the ZF. I found this as I was writing. That would do it. I bet the car locked into economy mode. Or he had the v6. Those cars arent light and handle like a lowered truk. Uncomfortable steering radius and god aweful noisy for how fast your going. This wasnt intended to slam the mazerati I just never liked them and couldnt believe I got him. The esprit is light and I am guessing the gear ratios played a huge role as well. What a shame because their brochure is a bit insipiring for my interior stuff. Not taht I would copy the look but the materials are quite good.

Answered my own question.

Or maybe he just didn't bother.

On balance - Maserati 0-60 times ain’t great.

i didn’t buy my car to race though

Man I just dont understand you guys at all. Dude I am just telling a story. Who here has driven one? I have I think at leas I know my esprit is the only one ive even seen in the real world... That the Masarati is a much more common car. And why would he be making all that noise and revving up at the light if he wasn't bothering. Also yeah diesels can be tuned for big numbers. but... Expensive cars see tuning less frequently especially new stuff thats under warranty. My old audi v6 soch got big mods because it cost so little. My A8 got a verry nice exhaust and a respray not much more. Why? It had good power and had luxury. That didnt stop me from going to the drags and probably was this guys situation. I am pretty sure after reading the brochure that any intercooled esprit maybe even non intercooled that is well kept is going to beat the mazerati because of the H.P. per LB..... Thats a guess because I dont know the weight of the car or the ratio also the transmission is mostly for luxury.