free hit
counters
Wheel refurb - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

My gloss black wheels need a refurb (have done since I collected the car) and thinking having them done silver or grey/anthracite, rather than the standard black.

Would anyone be kind enough to photoshop this photo with silver or grey/anthracite to help me make up my mind?

IMG_2352.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

IMHO (genuinely), you’ve obviously got a grey car with ‘black pack’. Not only are the black wheels an integral part of the ‘black pack’ but I reckon that silver (and especially grey/anthracite) wheels would be lost in the grey. Keep ‘em black. 

diamond cut & silver,  silver, & anthracite...  anthracite looks better than id o fthought to be honest.

ive got matt anthracite on mine  at mo (silver car) its hides the dirt so much better than black.... 

13_EvoraScg-04.jpg

IMG_8088.a-1.jpg

13494640390.jpg

didnt know that,  guess something to do with the heating?

A forged aluminum wheel can lose much of it's fatigue strength at the temps that some powder coaters use..

There are low temp powders.

A friend went out to his car a few weeks ago, and found three wheels had suddenly developed massive cracks. He had them powder coated 5 years ago. He didn't believe that powder coating could cause an issue.  He does now!

16 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

IMHO (genuinely), you’ve obviously got a grey car with ‘black pack’. Not only are the black wheels an integral part of the ‘black pack’ but I reckon that silver (and especially grey/anthracite) wheels would be lost in the grey. Keep ‘em black. 

I think you’re right. I like the pictures above with the diamond cut and silver, but given I have the black bodywork the black wheels do help pull it all together.