free hit
counters
induction roar - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi all

I have a 1982 S2.2 Elite. 

Has anyone got any pictures of how there air intake hose is terminated.  Mine is placed in the holder in front of the engine but it does create a lot of induction noise on acceleration.  I would like to make it quieter if possible.

I had a problem with selecting second gear and it was recommended to use the Redline MTL.  I can say that selecting the gears is now fine.  Thank you for the information.

Cheers

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi David,

No pictures I'm afraid, but I have the same setup with you. There is meant to be a finisher at the mouth of the intake trunking which would smooth the airflow; I suggest you contact Lotusbits to see if they have any secondhand ones. I've tried an aftermarket part but it doesn't fit without hacking the plastic shroud which is important to direct the air from behind the radiator up through the bonnet vent - also it's uncomfortably close to the spinning things.

The trunking is meant to be lined with foam which again would quieten any noise. I need to try both of these things on my car but will invest in some new trunking first I think.

Good to hear from another S2.2 owner fairly local to me!

ATB Richard

Hi Richard

Thanks for the information, i suspected that there should be an end for the trunking, did not think that the trunking would be lined as well.  Looks like a trip to Lotusbits and see if they are stripping one apart, I could do with some better leather seats as well .

Cheers

David

David,

This is what you are looking for.  Got mine off ebay, described as Airbox Trunking End Former.

Cheers

Roland

image.png.7a7f79e8e33ffcf488057314cdfef39c.png

Hi Roland and Dan

Thanks for the invaluable information and the pictures

Dan i have no idea on price,  can you send me your email and i will gladly make an offer, where are located ? if not too far from Solihull i could come over and collect it.

My email is: [email protected]

Cheers