free hit
counters
Lost Original JPS Esprit !!!! - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
johnpwalsh

Lost Original JPS Esprit !!!!

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow, that does look nice! Surprising what people have got tucked away isn't it! 

It's stunning Bib's. I know of an Essex s well not far from me. Been in a shed since it was just over a year old.

• Thanks 1
  • Sad 1

Great find John, lots of "JPS" World Championship Commemorative Esprits are being found lately.

John it is our week of finds these in a damp shed in wales on wed. Apparently the Esprit is a dry sump 1981, I physically couldn’t get to it because of the white one in front. Why a damp barn. FDF00D4A-9B48-4E9A-A556-106C9C08DCE6.thumb.jpeg.f3188e64b1ee9cc691047ee5b2a69f9d.jpeg558BF101-D595-40C3-8C18-4CDE6343D238.thumb.jpeg.0b99ba862fd1b5330a722050261efa6e.jpeg

Nice findB-) 

Danny that black one looks to be a later model - badge location and side lights are from after the Dry Sump period. Looks like it could be a beauty though - is that red/burgundy leather? The white one... an early Stevens model? What are under the covers?

Steve only going on what the chap told me couldn’t get near it because this was in the way. All owned by PNM apparently went there to have a look at an Excel which was a bit rough to be honest. That barn was really damp they will be buggered within a year. How much more does it cost to put then in somewhere dry? There also a really nice Maserati Biturbo,  no idea what was under the cover 982387D1-C0EC-4746-BABF-42864A6A2947.thumb.jpeg.68c8b7aa3df326bd0ffa85c59e2f2f26.jpegn a dry place. Sacrilege in my world. The burgundy Excel could be for sale apparently 

The black Esprit looks like an HC as it has the 2 vent bonnet. Looks like its also got the sunroof.

:) 

• Like 1

Well, just had a nice follow up from Andy, the chap who owns the commemorative Esprit. So for those who wanted more information or confirmation of what I posted earlier, here you go. Posted with Andy's consent as he is more than happy for his car to be known. I have deleted part of Andy's mail address, although he is willing to be contacted by other enthusiasts. If anyone wants to make contact I will pass it on in a PM. I just prefer to try and keep things that little bit safer as you never know. It's  a valuable car in a fairly isolated location. Hope you don't mind gent's.

---------- Forwarded message ----------
Date: 11 December 2017 at 11:40
Subject: Re: Lotus Esprit S2 Commemorative Edition (JPS No 79)
To: John & Wendy <[email protected]>

Hi John and Wendy,

Amazing what can happen by chance in a couple of days! I am happy to share my email address with anybody so feel free to pass it on to the person who contacted you.

The Car Details are as follows: -

Lotus Esprit S2 "World Championship" Commemorative edition (JPS) No 79
Current Reg KGD 451T, Original Reg LUP 97T
Chassis ++++/0571G
Engine CC907 7812 15694 (Original engine still fitted)

According to the Lotus archivist, the car was allocated build No 79, but was the seventh JPS car based on serial number. He also suggests this was by special order from the dealer as it commemorates Mario Andretti winning the 1978 F1 world championship in the "Lotus 79" F1 Car,  JPS car is also the Type 79.

PastedImage-1.png

Ah it's not #006 originally, thanks for clearing it up. Good find and another bit of information for the database.

• Like 1

On 07/12/2017 at 17:59, johnpwalsh said:

It's stunning Bib's. I know of an Essex s well not far from me. Been in a shed since it was just over a year old.

Would love to know what number that would be be John?

• Like 1

9 hours ago, nello said:

Would love to know what number that would be be John?

I promise everyone who has asked. One day I will get up there and find out. Sad bit for me he is only about 5 miles away.

Hi Guys, id like to introduce myself  

im currently working on a JPS restoration project ( no3 ) which has been stored since 1994 - although the car is 100% complete its a total nut and bolt project.  im sorted for engine which has just been completely rebuilt by historic lotus racing (first class job) ive also got my eye on someone to paint it (body off chassis) but im a little stuck on the interior - does anyone know/recommend anybody - im especially on the hunt for the original gold cloth which ive heard still exists? 

its my first lotus restoration and thoroughly enjoying it, learning as i go and meeting some great poeple on the scene 

any help greatly appreciated 

mick 

19 minutes ago, mick carver said:

im currently working on a JPS restoration project ( no3 ) which has been stored since 1994 - although the car is 100% complete its a total nut and bolt project.  im sorted for engine which has just been completely rebuilt by historic lotus racing (first class job) ive also got my eye on someone to paint it (body off chassis) but im a little stuck on the interior - does anyone know/recommend anybody - im especially on the hunt for the original gold cloth which ive heard still exists?

I'm sure somebody on the Yahoo group found the gold material.

Hi Mick .Welcome .Great rare car .i am sure you  get the help here .....Mike

1 minute ago, cbclotus said:

3 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

hi mike thanks - i see my cars listed on the document above this thread - does i mean its the second jps made as i cant see number 2 on there? 

mick 

Hi Mick. Welcome to the forum where I am sure you find many interesting features and loads of help with your car. I am guessing the best guy to contact for your interior might be Nick Filch, maybe got the surname wrong but someone will correct it. He is known as the guru on Lotus interiors and more than likely the best guy to try first. if you dig through the esprit section I am sure you will find his details on restoration, interior's section.

Fantastic car by the way. When can I borrow your garage.  :stuart:  

I found the gold corduroy material that matches the original in my Federal JPS #010. From the research I have done Lotus used 2 different types. Drop me a PM and I'll send you a sample of what I have that matches some of the cars.

Hi Mick ...Fantastic garage .Great to see the car will be as good as new ...Fantastic .........please put me. Out of my misery Trying to guess what's beneath the cover .....Mike

Looks like an Aston Martin under the cover. Good to see another JPS owner with an Aston to keep it company in the garage. Here's my yellow beast that lives with JPS #010.

20176901A.jpg

front r.jpg

24 minutes ago, cbclotus said:

Hi Mick ...Fantastic garage .Great to see the car will be as good as new ...Fantastic .........please put me. Out of my misery Trying to guess what's beneath the cover .....Mike

well spotted - yes its a DB9 bought it new 2007 but rarely drive it ... im hoping the lotus will get more use though 

Hi Mick great to see another Commemorative JPS being restored you should start your own thread.

@johnpwalsh Nick passed away a few years ago but his son Steve Fulcher @nfulcher has all the knowhow and I am sure would be glad to help out.

chipp