free hit
counters
Rattle - Engine/Ancilliaries - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
cbclotus

Rattle

Ok All .As you may know I have been plugging away at my rover v8 engined car .Slow progress new rad new spal fans .When the chassis pipe was weeping .i took off the hose at the front to push pipe back into hose at the rear .worried about water in engine .Not ran it Untill last weekend after fitting rad new pipes through chassis new silicone hoses etc .gear linkage disconnected .Started car with my mate .strange rattle .thinks it sounds like it's bell housing related .could it be something to do with linage gears etc .it was late so no time to put linkage back .if I have any more problems ...I don't think I can hack it ....Sorry it's getting me down a bit .not even driven the car .When I ran the car checking for weeps it did not over heat .just worried .hope fully get linkage back on Sunday .could not of tried any more with this car .still stuck on stands in the air ...Never again .no fun at all ....Weary Mike

• Sad 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Keep at her Mike - weathers rubbish - get her good and ready for the spring.

Thanks Barry .Hope it some thing to do with position of gears .Will know more when gear linkage is connected .MikeNot trying to be beaten by it all .i just can't wait another 6 mounths  it will do my head in ....lol .Mike

Keep the faith chap. I’m sure All will become apparent the weekend 

Bloody ace - made up for you

Mike, That's great news!!!  Keep on it and you will be rewarded or end up going stark raving mad. I will be in the UK next summer and will make sure to get to see you and your car.

Like all these things....keep the faith and plod steadily onwards, ignoring distractions and so forth. You'll get there in the end...

Thankyou Jon .And John .Now waiting on a auto electrician over the Christmas break .to sort fans out and to help with relays etc .i almost forget I own the car it's been in my garage for so long .Then need to replace brake master clyinder .i think that's right .Thanks again and have a great Christmas ...Mike