free hit
counters
McLaren Senna - Lotus / Motoring / Cars Chat - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

McLaren Senna

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Wow I like to promote British engineering and design but that is one of worst designs for decades, McLaren seem to be going from bad to a nightmare, sure some people with no taste will like it, Shmee 150 and Chris Harris will love it say no more.

I much admire McLaren especially the way their designs and ideas owe nothing to any others not even other McLarens. Function absolutely rules over form in Woking clearly! It’s not very good looking but at least there’s a reason for it!

I can’t even imagine how fast this one would be. But we’re getting to the point where amateur drivers aren’t getting anywhere near the potential, even on track. 

Interesting that the P1 successor isn’t hybrid and just look at the weight figure as a result! I was hoping for central driving position. We talk about mark ups on Lotus cars here but this makes the 720S look like an absolute steal!

• Gold FFM

that is shockingly ugly...  wow  just wow...

its like mclaren have sacked all the designers and just left the technical team to through all the bits together and make this car..

no doubt its performance will be incredible , but by god that is a hideous piece of car design..

and whats with the senna reference... .... mclaren have lost it..

Edited by andyj007

The Lotus range has pushed on from the S2 Elise/Exige Evora with smooth lines and curves to the more purposeful wings splitters ducts carbon etc of todays model additions and most of us think that is acceptable and progressive.

The McLaren has its curvier looking models and this one is designed for a purpose so I can appreiciate that.

chipp

11 hours ago, The Pits said:

I much admire McLaren especially the way their designs and ideas owe nothing to any others not even other McLarens. Function absolutely rules over form in Woking clearly! It’s not very good looking but at least there’s a reason for it!

I can’t even imagine how fast this one would be. But we’re getting to the point where amateur drivers aren’t getting anywhere near the potential, even on track. 

Interesting that the P1 successor isn’t hybrid and just look at the weight figure as a result! I was hoping for central driving position. We talk about mark ups on Lotus cars here but this makes the 720S look like an absolute steal!

The one with the central driving position will be the "BP23" McLaren is going to produce two hypercar in order to replace the P1.

Some have said on forums and blogs that this car could in fact be McLaren's answer to the Ford GT, a GT prototype in disguise, road homologated with 500 cars to be built and already sold out, that could destroy the GTE field. Actually this track car may have been purchased by endurance teams already.

It would be a pretty pricey GTE at 750k a pop. But then again if they can will Le Mans 24 out right in the future... 

• Gold FFM

ford gt looks incredible, ive been lucky to drool over one, poke it, sit in it, & dream of owning one. this p15 is just hideous. 

i dont care how fast it will go.. simply it looks utter rubbish.. 

to think someone sat round a design table and convinced themselves this looked good..

I suppose that most parents like their children Andy.

• Like 1

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I'm staggered that ("only") 500 people are stumping up three-quarters of a million pounds for these. I tried to work out what that was in total turn-over, but my calculator doesn't have enough digits! Can you imagine if Lotus came up with something similar? Would it have people queuing up with their chequebooks at the gates of Hethel?

Agree, amazing they found 500 people to buy it at that price. It's not like a 720S is particularly slow or much less exciting and it's half a million quid less! I guess it helps when you can convince people that they will get even richer by buying one. GT430 is limited to 60 cars worldwide. 120 max depending on what happens with the USA. I think the UK allocation of 10 cars is sold out now but it didn't exactly happen over night. I haven't heard yet if the 30 Elise Cup 260s are all spoken for. Porsche did nearly 1000 911R and have churned out 6500 GT3RS. Big price correction has hit the GT3RS, 911R values were obscene and must have been hammered by the gen 2 GT3 but you have to wonder what Lotus are doing wrong! Most of this is a greed fuelled feeding frenzy of course and doesn't have much to do with either cars or driving. If Lotus could convince the same crowd that they could make money on a new limited edition car then they'd be all over it like a rash. They are that fickle I'm afraid. My brother went to the Nismo GTR launch. He said every single person there was a speculator sussing out if they could make a few quid. All they talked about was money. Most decided that it was a long shot and didn't bother to put an order in. Not many even bothered with the free demo laps of the Nordschleife. Says it all really.

Apart from the McLaren F1 and P1 I don't believe anyone had been making money on McLaren road cars before the 675LT came out. That changed everything.

This one should have been yellow, green and blue if they're going to call it a Senna. It's going to be brain frazzlingly quick but then so is a BMW Z1000RR. Ah, sorry, that won't make you rich will it, keep forgetting how this works.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

"I guess it helps when you can convince people that they will get even richer by buying one"   and that is the only reason youd buy this car...

if i could afford one & IF  even if  i was stupid enough to think i could make money out of buying one of these and flipping it . id still struggle to buy one .. it looks utter shite..  .. it would only be an ends to a means  to make more money for something better 

customers who buy this would never drive it to its unknown potential or be capable of doing so..

not that it matters, but i certainly will not be envious of the owner if i see one out and about, rather have a little giggle  to myself 

i honestly hope ,mclaren and the speculators catch a huge cold on this..  

Edited by andyj007

The wing mounts get a special mention from me for being hideous. 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

I love the 720S... best looking Macca since the F1 in my eyes.

This track version looks like a weapon to upset the Porsche and Ferrari brigade... No hybrid, just light and bloody quick with mega aero... A Le Mans esk racer for the lucky 500! Sadly I doubt many will see Spa:ermm: Might devalue it..<_<

Personally like the extreme brutalist character from this angle  :sofa:

IMG_5064.JPG

• Like 1