free hit
counters
Evora 400 backfires - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Hakim0v

Evora 400 backfires

Guys I need ur help, cause my dealer has no answer.

i lost the backfire and crackles on my Evora 400, the exhaust sound is lower under 4500(same on higher revs). I put it in garage, and took an evora 400 of same MY16, and same batch. The crackles and burbles are quite stronger! Even the head of garage said so. They exhanged the Mufflers, but No improvement at all!

ps: previously on my car, I had ECU and TCU software updated witha new MAF sensor for issues on my car, most of you talked about.

So, if you can advise me on this exhaust issue I would be thankful...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Did they check the vacuum pipes from the exhaust valve actuator? Also, if it's quieter under 4,500rpm could a cat have broken down, are you low on power too? 

• Thanks 1

@Bibs,

yes, I am Low on power, specially below 5k. Compared to the other evora 400, the thrust is slower when accelerating.

Then and endoscope (very cheap) on the cats might be a good idea. :)

On 12/15/2017 at 01:33, Bibs said:

Then and endoscope (very cheap) on the cats might be a good idea. :)

@bibs

The dealer’s garage scoped the cats and did a full scan and tgey say they found nothing wrong. So we went in alternative test drives in both cars, and they agreed that there is a difference in exhaust sound and also some lack of power below 4500 in my car. Also to be noted, the power output on my car is not as linear as on the other one (lag is more prominent till 5000, than the kick).

thx

Ask them to cheek the supercharger actuator valve to make sure it is operating correctly.