free hit
counters
Back in the club - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
gtookey

Back in the club

Hello all,  I'm coming back to the club. Last night I agreed to purchase this :-

https://www.lotusforsale.com/ads/lotus-esprit-turbo-1988-2/

The car has a great ownership history, been in the same family since 1993. Was owned and loved by one individual until he passed away in 2000, then it was inherited by his cousin. It needs a little TLC and some preventative maintenance, timing belt etc..usual stuff but it's all original and not molested.  Has service history up to 2012, which was when the tranny was rebuilt as a result of the circlip failure. A new fuel distributor and WUR were also installed at the same time. Yes it has Bosch K-Jet but that's ok. Since then it's covered about 6000 miles.  It will be a project but I hope more cosmetic then mechanical. I am going to try and preserve as much of the originality as possible.  The patina of the car is very appealing.

I will collect the car between Christmas and the New Year, so will post pictures and other informative bits once I've got it.

I'm excited to be back in an Esprit and I'm hoping it will numb the pain I still feel after selling #165H.

So cheers to all and wishing everyone Merry Christmas.

Gav

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Congrats on the purchase, Gavin! Looking forward to hear about your exploits and experiences again. Quite a different beast than the S1. Enjoy the ride! :cheers: