free hit
counters
Carbon Wing Profiles - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
alias23

Carbon Wing Profiles

As some folks know I’m working on a version two of my wing. My wing supports are pretty much sorted, I now just need to find a wing.

Really keen to get people’s thoughts on wing profiles. Based on brief reading it does appear that different profiles have different levels of downforce and drag so I’m keen to ensure what I put on the car is decent.

We have DJ Engineering who are one of the manufacturers Lotus Motorsport use(d) which are my preference but blooming expensive!

Reverie I guess are also in the mix but on par with DJ to which I’d probably say have the better wing based on their R&D.

Anyone else I should be considering?

Ideally someone a touch lighter on price but still reputable. Thanks

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

The motorsport guys are usually a good place to go to. Is there anybody like Manthey, Schirmer or Getspeed in the UK that mods a lot of cars for racing? They usually have a pretty good idea about wing profiles ... 

Pretty sure the KomoTec Wing is well designed btw - they started exactly there (worked with a German well known Motorsports supplier) and then did there own wind tunnel testing... if the street / track version is too small for you, they have a track version that Winny has on his car. It helped significantly improve laptime in Spa... 

The street/Track is just a touch too small for what I’m looking for... the Race which Winny has is epic but too much work to fit and too big for what I need.

I might ping Daniel to see if he could make me something in between. Just feels crazy shipping over a wing which i should be able to get supplier from a UK manufacturer.

Ive also found this chap Carbon Composite Parts (i think previously named Elite Composites) this evening who a friend has had a wing or two from in the past. Unsure of profile used but website claims supplies some decent race teams.

http://carboncompositeparts.co.uk/motorsport

• Like 1

8 hours ago, NW76 said:

they also have a straight one mainly for the design freaks but its not as efficient...

Btw: what about the wheel arch vents we discussed recently - are you going for those as well? Transforged has some ...

Design Freak that would be me then lol

Arch vents are a ball ache so de prioritised way down the list of things to do right now I’m afraid. It is a shame removing the clams on the V6 is such an effort!

Same for me ... would love to have them but its a big effort in particular with the matt black ... if I want this to be perfect I would have to repaint the whole front clam ...

Your car looks brilliant now Norbert, makes me want to do the aero bits!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Polar manufacturing based in Norfolk have made a number of Lotus OEM Carbon parts. I believe they make the 380 cup rear hatch with Prodrive making the rear wing. 

35 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

Thanks! Makes the car look like much more agressive AND it really works... ?

On 16.12.2017 at 10:24, GFWilliams said:

Now if only the color was Motorsport Black with gold accents...:)

• Haha 2

what measures must have max (on the street) ?

Length ? Width ?

does anyone know those of the 430 ?

1 hour ago, NANO said:

what measures must have max (on the street) ?

Length ? Width ?

does anyone know those of the 430 ?

I haven’t seen a 430 yet but I measured a 380Cup at 1400mm (inc end plates) and 300mm