free hit
counters
WANTED: Esprit V8 Catalytic Converters USA - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
HowardRoark

WANTED: Esprit V8 Catalytic Converters USA

Hi all,

I am looking for a new set of Lotus OEM Catalytic Converters for the USA.   Please send me a message if you have some for sale!   

I don’t think the aftermarket Cats would pass the California emissions so I am looking for Lotus OEM.  

Cheers!

56983D42-A748-452E-908C-F465701ACE3B.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi all,

I am looking for a new set of Lotus OEM Catalytic Converters for the Esprit V8 in the USA.   Please send me a message if you have some for sale!   

I don’t think the aftermarket Cats would pass the California emissions so I am looking for Lotus OEM.  

Cheers

Lotus no longer supply these as far as I know (they didn't when I looked anyway), I also contacted the original manufacturers who supplied Lotus (can't remember who they are) and they would not supply / manufacture any. I ended up with these:

http://www.bmcatalysts.co.uk/catalogue/?search-make=LOTUS&search-model=ESPRIT&search-engine=3.5&search-fuel=ALL&search=application&location=1

These are direct copies of the originals (I know the person who supplied B&M with a new pair to copy and he swears by them). I now have these on the car - May be worth contacting them. One word of caution though, I originally bought through a 3rd party supplier who supplied one that was questionable as to whether it was a B&M cat (it broke up in under 1000 miles and just outside of any warranty) so it would probably be worth dealing direct. An expensive mistake for me.