free hit
counters
got bored so made gt430 sticker - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
andyj007

got bored so made gt430 sticker

Got some anthracite grey gloss & black Gloss  vinyl £6 for 2m x .6 from B&Q and cut out  GT430 rear qtr vent sticker..  .

not stuck this on yet it stuck on with blue tack,  going to try some different shapes, i think it adds something to break up the vast bodywork..  anthracite looked way  better than gloss black on my car as my wheels are anthracite..theres enough to template the lower sill part like on the black part.. this could look quite good..

thoughts?

25488117_2038073929812723_6847390658070506208_o.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Of the two I’d go for Play doh’s. Do you find that area is prone to stone chips?

yes spotted play dohs, thats going to be my next template try...   

exactly on teh price, for 6.99 i can do both lower cills and these wheel bits..

i guess that area could be prone to stone chips, but mine has a clear protection on that part which i think is standard factory, i would be applying over the top..

i got  quote for 250 from  local firm to black pack the roof, front splitter, and these wheel bits..  but  i like my roof silver, the only bits id do i the lower cills & the wheel bits as i like the coke bottle enhanced  look it creates..

2 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

$60???!?

Wow. Someone has really jumped on board the ‘take the p1ss Lotus pricing’ bandwagon. 

I was just showing that there are options for those that aren't handy or don't want to take the time to create their own template/sticker.

I have no affiliation with the seller and reap no benefit. But, I do appreciate that there are creative people that offer options for others (albeit at a cost).

Don’t worry, my comment wasn’t aimed at you. 

I seem to remember the eBay seller’s original post over on lotustalk. But to rip off someone else’s idea, replicate it in a few cent’s worth of vinyl wrap and then try to charge 60 bucks for it? Well, good luck with that. If anyone buys it then it just proves the adage: there is one born every minute. 

3 hours ago, The Pits said:

Of the two I’d go for Play doh’s. Do you find that area is prone to stone chips?

All Evora's leave the factory with some type of armourfend on that entire panel.

I'm aware of that, I was wondering how those panels look after a few thousand road miles. With cut away front arches and wider front tyres the GT430 is more vulnerable than the other Evoras, hence the extra 'shark fin' protection.

Let’s say they always get covered in crap from the front wheels, but hold up well with the protective film. 

• Thanks 1