free hit
counters
Rare Cup250 for sale - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
scotty435

Rare Cup250 for sale

A very special Cup250 just up for sale the previous owner a well known member on here. The reason for being special is that it is one of the very few to come out of the factory with the full aero Carbon kit and being a generation one it's got lots of Carbon, looks a good price and could be a future classic in this spec, like to know your thoughts? And it's a great colour.https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s3/lotus-elise-cup-250-2017/8179260

• Like 1

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Ideal spec for me. Very rare with full carbon aero parts and for me even more desirable without air con! 250 Cup never got better than this.

Safe place to put the money I reckon.

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, The Pits said:

Ideal spec for me. Very rare with full carbon aero parts and for me even more desirable without air con! 250 Cup never got better than this.

I believe there where only 5 ever to come out of the factory with the Carbon aero kit, lots of Carbon when you see the size of the diffuser.

• Thanks 1

I might be after an Elise to complement my LF1.

What was the price of this Cup car when new?

Also what is the reason for sale?

May take a look at the car as my daughter is studying in Edinburgh.

Edited by PaulLF1

1 hour ago, PaulLF1 said:

I might be after an Elise to complement my LF1.

What was the price of this Cup car when new?

Also what is the reason for sale?

May take a look at the car as my daughter is studying in Edinburgh.

The previous owner is a Lotus fanatic and sure he will not mind me saying that and having owned V6 in Exige and Evora  in the past, wanted to go back along that route again and as just upgraded to a Evora 430. Like I said the guy if a well known on this forum, sure he would be happy to answer any questions you have. Just one more thing like I said mr? Is a lotus fanatic and spent a lot of money on the car after purchase, it as one of the best PPF treatments money can buy. I think Murray's need to give me a cut on the sale of the car lol. But seriously I am sure there is no better gen1 big aero Cup 250 out there. 

On 18/12/2017 at 00:38, The Pits said:

I never missed the a/c so would totally agree jonny. I just got an air demisting pad and stuck it under the passenger seat 

• Like 1

On 17/12/2017 at 22:09, scotty435 said:

A very special Cup250 just up for sale the previous owner a well known member on here. The reason for being special is that it is one of the very few to come out of the factory with the full aero Carbon kit and being a generation one it's got lots of Carbon, looks a good price and could be a future classic in this spec, like to know your thoughts? And it's a great colour.https://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/lotus/elise-s3/lotus-elise-cup-250-2017/8179260

Well known? Makes me sound infamous ??. It is a lovely car - I had a lot of fun speccing it. I hope that it’s clear to those interested in buying it this that I adopted a truly anal approach to saving weight with the spec as much as I possibly could! The lack of a/c was a tough choice but one I don’t regret considering it’s a soft top ?.... and the added weight compared to the documented problems didn’t make it a sound choice. On the other hand..... the carbon aero kit took approximately 2sconds to spec - I always knew I had to have it and it certainly turned a special car into a VERY special car (in my eyes). It’s fitted with a road spec 2ubular - but a unique one that has the smaller 7” silencer and a shorter tail pipe which sits further into the diffuser. My only concession to comfort was I gave in after I bought the car and retro fitted a stereo with Bluetooth and 4 speakers which meant I could listen to tunes and use my mobile. 

I missed the V6 too much and when thfor opportunity came by to get the GT430 then it was time for this 250 to go. For sure - however does buy it from Murray’s will have a lot of fun ?

• Like 2

Really like that car, stunning spec. Many congratulations, didn’t think it would hang around for long.

Great buy there Duncan .Your 250 as to be one best spec'd out there,  the amount of Carbon alone that's gone into the diffuser is amazing, be great to see you out and about, do you ever go out on the peak runs with MLOC ? And you are right about the A/C mine never worked from new and took nearly a year to get it fixed not worth having.

Congrats @duncx , it looks epic. The spec is perfect as everyone stated. You really make me regret speccing the aircon. Do you know how much weight does it add? And what do you mean by "saves dragging around dead weight " ? (sorry for my poor english)

Edited by lovus
  • Like 1

Scotty - yep I do some of the MLOC runs, last year I led one of the groups in 'Lotus in the Peak' - hope to do it again this year if they let me :) There is a breakfast run in a couple of weeks, ends up at Hassop Station which is just a couple of miles from my house. If the weather is reasonable then I will probably join in for a cuppa at the very least!

Lovus - your English is excellent! I think the Aircon adds about 16 to 18 kilos, I could be wrong so maybe someone will correct me. My comment about dead weight is really about how I use the car, I have owned Lotus cars for 10 years and here in chilly England I think I have used the aircon in my previous cars just once! It's really not worth having for me, although many other people would disagree with me. Please don't regret your Aircon choice, I am guessing that you live in a much warmer place than England so it will be very useful and certainly not dead weight for you B-) 

• Like 1

That's great hope to see you there I am down for the run on the 25th, a pic of Hassop this time last year.

IMG_0180.JPG

Edited by Bibs

16-18 kilos? Oh my god :( 

I regret it beacuase I won't use it either. I bought it by mistake. I only need the standard fan heater that you have. I mean, I thought the "aircon" option adds those 3 controllers you have. You still have the fan, which I only needed :( 

Edited by lovus

More like 10-15kg is what I heard but most want it even though it’s not necessary on an Elise. It’s an attractive feature for resale so all is not lost. Personally I’d be happy to have another Elise without aircon but duncx and I are in a minority (as people who are right usually are :D).

• Like 1

I agree with Jonny, speccing a new car without aircon is seen as a brave decision due to resale value as lots of people DO want it. It's a purely personal choice and for me I'm glad that Tony was 'brave enough' to make that decision. I've never heard 10kg mentioned but I have heard 15kg from a few years ago - maybe they have managed to lighten it since then?

• Like 1