free hit
counters
Condensation Advice - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi guys

The condensation build up on my evora in this weather is driving me round the bend. Why does the a/c not seem to clear it? I have to wipe it with a micro fibre cloth just to see out of it. Is there something really simple I’m missing? I had this in my 370z but all it needed was the heater on and it went..nothing happens in my evora not even if I open the window?

Any help appreciated

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Is it on re circulating

Are your carpets wet on the passenger side? If so, your AC drain could be blocked and either this dampness in the carpets is ended up as condensation or water in the AC pipes is just blasting soaking humid air at your windscreen. 

I’ve got the light on so I think the recirculating is off..as for the foot wells erm I don’t think so but I’ll double check ta. Do you think mb the a/c needs topping up?

Mine does mist up but nothing serious.  I do keep a bag of moisture absorbent crystals in the cabin though - might be worth a try.  

• Like 1

39 minutes ago, Peegee355 said:

Mine does mist up but nothing serious.  I do keep a bag of moisture absorbent crystals in the cabin though - might be worth a try.  

Does the heating not get rid of it on yours I don’t understand why that doesn’t clear it? Maybe the angle of the windscreen ?

Mine demist in seconds unless I've just come from swimming, then u just cracking the window open an inch. If it's as bad as your saying I suspect you've got water in the cab somewhere. Front Fritwell is ac blocked or steering column bulkhead seal. Wet in the back was a since window seal or door seal I think.

Gav 

3 hours ago, Peegee355 said:

Screen demist gets rid of it in seconds. I don't have a problem with it

Just to double check that’s the option on the upper most right of the dial? I know the rear looks like it’s letting water in where the engine is???