free hit
counters
Elise Front End - changes due? - Elise / Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
PaulLF1

Elise Front End - changes due?

Looking at how the re-design of the latest Exige, the 430 Cup has altered the place where the number plate is attached and the same for the Evora 430 range, even though the Elise has just had a re-designed front end, do you think Lotus will bring the Elise into line with the Exige/Evora look?

And will the new Exige and Evora look be applied across all the Exige/Evora models next year?

And what do people think of the new re-design?

lotus-exige-430.jpg

lotus-gt430-site2.jpg

lotus_elise_cup_260_1.jpg

white_exige_cup_380_driving_4.jpg

evora-sport-410-image-2.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

They're obviously going for a similar family face across the range which isn't a bad thing. It just leaves the Evora 400/410 as being out of step so that must be in line for a face lift first. All the Elise would need is the number plate being relocated to the grille which would be a minor change. Personally, I don't like what they've done with the number plate on the 430's, it looks like a tacked on after-thought, I prefer the old system of having it mounted separately low down and I'm pleased that mine retains that.

large.Img_2160.jpg.3c9f219e76d233beb86326ce482a71f9.jpg

Thinking about it, the Elise would struggle with towing eye placement if they moved the number plate higher. There is enough space on the Exige/Evora.

Mind you I would not be surprised if Lotus brought all the cars into line with the number place location.

Latest Elise front end is the best on the Elise so far, so great choice Neal.

With the plate up higher it reminds me of Pixar Cars 

Have preferred my ell naturale ;)

E8C24671-4BD2-4CB5-B408-0439647E6669.thumb.jpeg.0fd3c85e2f7582aa8ff24154e8fe77dc.jpeg

1A0D3BB8-48D3-4AB6-B938-8A25FE59A2D4.thumb.jpeg.79d1b6501d22a0ba4c53198281eeb520.jpeg

Definitely better with no plate at all! I think some US states don't require a front plate.

Lotus's solution is better than Alfa's. I was looking over an Alfa 4C Spyder at the weekend. Great looking car, but the number plate looked terrible tacked onto the side. When they designed the front end, they really didn't take account of the fact that a number plate has to go somewhere!

17 hours ago, Steve44 said:

In Italy no front number plate required

Nope. Unfortunately not true. :P

On 19.12.2017 at 20:34, Neal H said:

Definitely better with no plate at all! I think some US states don't require a front plate.

Lotus's solution is better than Alfa's. I was looking over an Alfa 4C Spyder at the weekend. Great looking car, but the number plate looked terrible tacked onto the side. When they designed the front end, they really didn't take account of the fact that a number plate has to go somewhere!

Exact same reason why I never go for Alfa's. They really need to fix their number plate location.

As for the Lotus, I prefer the new Evora and the old Exige look. Current elise has the best place for the number plate.

Edited by lovus