free hit
counters
Time to start explaining - Page 15 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday started off much like any other.  so I thought instead of just lazing on the sofa - I’d dig the S4s out the garage and clear off the dust then a nice trip out to tintern with some oth

We have some progress. She’s now out of the garage under her own power. its given me the opportunity to sweep up the not inconsiderable mess of cut off nuts and bolts, old packets, busted f

All in its rightful place. Massive thanks to Nobby and Jacko for the assistance with the engine hoist this is the first time in 8 years the engine has been in the engine bay

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Tray has had a lick of satin black.

rad now bolted in. Aircon condenser brackets now removed and painted. Aircon rads unbolted from the spider pipes. Need some caustic to clean the threads out. 

Test drove the new leaf today - gonna buy one next week - just need to shift the S4 and replace with an evora now

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yep, and we need to keep feeding him. I can foretell a profitable future with LotusRescue coming on in the near future.

Now lets see what we have available.

S3 Turbo.

3 Elites.

2 Excels.

1 Elan 130.

1 S2            possible

1 S3 turbo possible.

S4              possible.

V8.             possible.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gold FFM
6 minutes ago, johnpwalsh said:

S2            possible

1 S3 turbo possible.

S4              possible.

V8.             possible.

1. Currently priced at £6,500. Needs a full restoration but comes with crated engine. Photographs available.

2. Waiting on owner to make a decision if for sale or not, been sitting for about 4 years now.

3. As above, been sitting for 3 years.

4. As above, part of a deceased estate.

Almost forgot. S1 Esprit, just completed full body restoration to a very high standard in original color of Monaco White. Owner may consider selling. Changed to UK spec but left hand drive.

• Thanks 1
  • Gold FFM
On 1/16/2018 at 16:56, Barrykearley said:

Ahhh don’t be fooled - spend the last day and a half wiring 88 chicken shed lights with feed and 0-10v cables......

You feed the lights? I thought just the chickens would get fed.

• Haha 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM
38 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

You feed the lights? I thought just the chickens would get fed.

So now we know why these poor birds get blown up with water to make them look big. Barry dont feed the poor things. Just go to ask though. How do you feed lights on 10V cables.

• Gold FFM

Lights are 230v feed!!

then 0-10v for dimming - so you can fool them it’s erly morning, daytime and dusk

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Now the pipe ends are sitting in a bubbling cup of caustic and boiling water. It all looks very nasty !!

this is being done outside i must add as the gasses it gives off ain’t good for you. I will rinse off with the hose pipe after dinner and see if it’s worked

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Finished the SE, test drove, all good, yar boo sucks.

Pull yer finger out!

• Like 2

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

Rad pack bolted back in - it’s cold out there today - and now it’s snowing.

the fixings round the back of the braking cluster are horrible to get to. Another horrible job ticked off.

will connect the pipes and wire up the fans in the week sometime. Then maybe I can actually chuck some petrol in it and fire the old dog up

57 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

He's getting slacker.

In the old days, he'd have done all the work and sold it as he was tightening up the last bolt.

It’s not for sale and really won’t be. I’m simply not doing this again. I have brakes and suspension left to do and then it can have some paint work loving. Then - I’m keeping it and enjoying driving.

Only here once

• Gold FFM

It’s freezing today - been in a cold shed all day. Come home and I’ve forced myself to fettle in yet another freezing cold shed.

fans wired up all nicely. Top and bottom hoses fitted onto the rad. Oil cooler bolted back in place. Popped off and picked up a 20l can of petrol to put in the tank.

now far far too cold to even consider anymore. Fire lit - and I’m in front of it looking at my fishes and frogs 

• Like 1

Only here once