free hit
counters
Time to start explaining - Page 17 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday started off much like any other.  so I thought instead of just lazing on the sofa - I’d dig the S4s out the garage and clear off the dust then a nice trip out to tintern with some oth

We have some progress. She’s now out of the garage under her own power. its given me the opportunity to sweep up the not inconsiderable mess of cut off nuts and bolts, old packets, busted f

All in its rightful place. Massive thanks to Nobby and Jacko for the assistance with the engine hoist this is the first time in 8 years the engine has been in the engine bay

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Ps - use one of these for fitting and removing the boot floor.

And the undertray. I bought 3 of those for our workshop and one mysteriously ended up in my garage.

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Oil lines now primed - I have oil pumping round and upto the turbo ?? happy bunny.

no spark at the plugs ? - so where’s the next step ?? Help guys

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Crank sensor?  Dodgy plug at the coils?

• Thanks 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

How do I test the crank sensor ?? 

I think there’s another knocking about on the shelf in the shed - I’ll have a hunt

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I believe it may be possible to accidentally swap a couple of connectors around there.  I really can't remember, but the similar connector may be that to the charcoal canister...

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM

The crank position sensor is right next to an earthing lug - I’m off back out to kick and swear - I’ll have a looksee

Only here once

• Gold FFM

You may find this photo quite helpful.

Image result for antigua beach

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM

So, what was it?

Nice belt whine...

• Haha 1

• Gold FFM

Crank sensor - belt whine will settle.....

The smoke off the exhaust manifold was real bad - copper slip, oil and Wd burning off - i only ran it for about 30 seconds

Only here once