free hit
counters
Time to start explaining - Page 19 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday started off much like any other.  so I thought instead of just lazing on the sofa - I’d dig the S4s out the garage and clear off the dust then a nice trip out to tintern with some oth

We have some progress. She’s now out of the garage under her own power. its given me the opportunity to sweep up the not inconsiderable mess of cut off nuts and bolts, old packets, busted f

All in its rightful place. Massive thanks to Nobby and Jacko for the assistance with the engine hoist this is the first time in 8 years the engine has been in the engine bay

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Sheds are typically empty when I’m involved in them. 

You simply wouldn’t believe the bio security involved

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Master cylinder fitted. That bolt on the bracket to the brake master is an absolute pig to refit.

old Slave removed - inside that is 10 times worse than the master.

now just need to adapt the pipe to fit the new slave.

@Chillidoggy any idea what the threads are on the slave as standard?? The landrover ones are different. 7/16 UNF in the landrover ones I believe

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Found it

you need a 3/8 UNF 24 tpi Male to 7/16 UNF 20 tpi Female adaptor

i.e. Landy cylinder is 3/8 and lotus cylinder is 7/16

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Not the first time I’ve heard that phrase ?

mot was all pirtek could knock up today - they didn’t have an adaptor - that’ll do for now

Only here once

• Gold FFM

It’s the first one to arrive with me - it was passed to my for now anonymous agent for me ??

• Haha 1

Only here once

9 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

Adaptor now in hand - I hope it fits 0307E359-6913-4110-B0B3-2BD10D981E7A.thumb.jpeg.98a0535d5c3d4140ed1bbf71fe2b55ce.jpeg

If Heineken did Pandora bracelets for men.....

Even Barry couldn't lose his charm....

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

Slave on and bled - clutch still not engaging right. I can start the car in gear and it’s ok - so must only be a tiny bit out. I decide i didn’t bleed out enough old fluid in the line - so go for another go.

whilst the engine is running - the revs dropped a bit. So I reved slightly by fingering the throttle linkage. Knocked the secondary injector - petrol sprays all over my hand. O ring knackered. That’s stopped play.

ive been hunting high and low for a poxy o ring - and have exhausted the usual places local to me. I will try worcester tomorrow as I’ve valiantly offered to do the swimming run in the morning - which coincides with the  parts suppliers opening hours 

Only here once

Took me a few goes to get all the air out of my braided clutch line after I changed the master. I suspect air was stuck in the high point created where the braided hose (and adaptor) connect into the top of the Wilwood master I bought.

In the end a combination of Gunson pressure bleeder and vigorously pumping the pedal moved it all through.

• Like 1

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

I’m sure it’s just that chap - need some poxy o rings. Sj have them at £0.97 each........

i really really don’t want to wait - if I can’t get them tomorrow I will place an sj order Monday morning 

Only here once

Yes, being held up for tiny stuff like that is properly annoying. Seems to happen every time I start a job. Just when you think you have everything...

Not worth starting anything now...🍺

• Gold FFM

Glad I knocked it to be fair - it could have failed when driving and the results could have been umm less desirable. 

Pirtek and all the car parts places will be scoured in the morning

Only here once

• Gold FFM

1/2 time at the football and we sprint out to the garage

4 new o rings fitted to the secondaries - lubed up and rammed home.

petrol leak has now been solved.

can I get that clutch to work - umm nope I cannot. 

First attempts to bleed were with the Slave off and on my own with the old pipe and bottle method. I’ve now have a Danny in the car with the Slave fitted - bled again - still no difference :stuart:

ive come back inside to watch the second half of the football. 

Digging through the manual shortly - I need to measure the fork thingy

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Football finished

backout in the garage - remove Slave and bled with my helpful assistant.Slave refitted.

i now have a clutch which works but bites right down low.

my heads fuzzy and confused - I’ve measured the fork adjustment as in the picture below and it’s 18mm !! But surely if this was reduced to the number suggested it would be worse ?? I need a drink 

68E63895-F679-41BB-A3B2-367418190F36.jpeg.b70d95cc993fe40484595c85b93587ff.jpeg

Only here once

• Gold FFM

That adjustment will make no difference at all to your current issue!  Just keep it as per spec.

• Thanks 1

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.