free hit
counters
Time to start explaining - Page 10 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday started off much like any other.  so I thought instead of just lazing on the sofa - I’d dig the S4s out the garage and clear off the dust then a nice trip out to tintern with some oth

We have some progress. She’s now out of the garage under her own power. its given me the opportunity to sweep up the not inconsiderable mess of cut off nuts and bolts, old packets, busted f

All in its rightful place. Massive thanks to Nobby and Jacko for the assistance with the engine hoist this is the first time in 8 years the engine has been in the engine bay

Posted Images

On ‎12‎-‎1‎-‎2018 at 18:25, Barrykearley said:

Engine mounts on. Turbo charger bolted on. 

Progress slow in amongst answering to her indoors whom is doing my accounts and questioning stuff.8E0B4703-AACF-4CFB-9438-28B80570812A.thumb.jpeg.106fb71bb929768b5ff1be09b5198575.jpeg

anyone got any idea how this manifold bolt bracket thing works??? I sat looking at it and tossed it to one side when I couldn’t figure it out

FE698567-EA5D-4052-804C-B5BF04F674E6.thumb.jpeg.a07f78c49a79ef40ae7e9006d9f7a2de.jpeg

Mystery bracket seen from below, it is for the turbo support of the alunox manifold. The small bracket attaches to one of the turbo / manifold bolts.

5a5e87d48f2e5_IMG_1882bewerkt.jpg.172e644e0401dbe095763137af015fe4.jpg

• Thanks 1

Esprit Freak

• Gold FFM

New studs arrived. They weigh significantly more than the shit stainless ones I bought.

studs fitted - can’t line manifold up - so strip that into bits - bolt on loose. Hammer back together and tighten up. So there we are - back where we started.

lesson learned - don’t buy manifold studs off fleabay

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Finally.........6A335050-E23F-48F0-8C1E-5BC6641A5A5A.thumb.jpeg.bfa7fb569681196fe217c99bd1ec861b.jpeg

bearing assembly arrived from Pnm today. 

Came home after a rubbish day in the freezing wet weather and with the aid of my mate Ross - gearbox now bolted back on.

maybe - just maybe - the tractor will be visiting the weekend and whack the lump back in the engine bay. It’s counties swimming this weekend (and the next couple) so I may have to take him to those in the s4 instead

• Like 2

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yeah - all bloody week booked out.

chicken sheds start next week. Clock ticking and 32000 hens due

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Ffs - what about the black and grey ones?

then there’s only the numbered black ones to worry about

• Haha 1

Only here once

1 hour ago, swindon_alan said:

Why have you taken one of the front seats out to get the engine and gearbox in, Barry?

Is that a peice of used tissue paper on that seat?

You need to stop looking at that manifold....you'll go blind.

• Haha 2
  • Gold FFM

That’s a piece of wet and dry -   Which I used to clean the powder coat off the fins on the cam covers

Only here once

5 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

That’s a piece of wet and dry -   Which I used to clean the powder coat off the fins on the cam covers

He protesteth too much....that's deffo dry and wet tissue paper, and my detective senses detect baby oil stains soaked deep into woodwork. :o