free hit
counters
Time to start explaining - Page 2 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday started off much like any other.  so I thought instead of just lazing on the sofa - I’d dig the S4s out the garage and clear off the dust then a nice trip out to tintern with some oth

We have some progress. She’s now out of the garage under her own power. its given me the opportunity to sweep up the not inconsiderable mess of cut off nuts and bolts, old packets, busted f

All in its rightful place. Massive thanks to Nobby and Jacko for the assistance with the engine hoist this is the first time in 8 years the engine has been in the engine bay

Posted Images

No it's his blue S4 on its way back from the powder coaters, he wants to surprise us later with the red stripes so cant show us the rest of it yet:P

34 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Please say it’s not another V8. I don’t think I couldn’t go through it all over again.

Since @Barrykearley has invested so much time and effort into stopping other people buying them, I would suggest that a V8 is what it's most likely to be. 

• Haha 1

Moved to Esprit Project & Restoration forum! 

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Well done Barry - great choice......but you’d don’t half like piling the pain on - ever thought of buying something you can just drive? Seriously though......can’t wait to see this up and running - it’s crying out for a set of Futuras but you knew that already! Nice purchase - well done!B-) You’re actually giving me dreamy thoughts about yellow Esprits again:)

• Like 1

Yeah and don't get to close cause then you only end up with the corner of a bumper!

• Like 1

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, johnpwalsh said:

I have been saying for day's that it's a boxer. Box of bit's in the back of the van, box of bit's on the floor and box's of bit's soon to be on order.

You have no idea just how many boxes I have

Only here once

• Gold FFM

So to summarise what I’ve now got in a heap.

lotus S4S in lots of bits.

The boxes comprise. 

2 alloy tanks, new alunox manifold, new gaskets, nice flywheel, new clutch, new silicone hoses, new wastegate, new gaskets for plenum, new oil coolers, new gear linkage, engine rebuilt and never ran - new bearings and shells - looks tidy but will need inspecting. New engine and gearbox mounts. Turbo I will get rebuilt just cos. gearbox oil, engine oil, piles of old crap and bolts - all of which will need going through in the coming evenings when I can sneak out to the garage. Everything looks to be there to put her back together. 

interior looks tidy - dark coloured dunno if it’s black, green or dark grey - I’m not good with colours !! 

All in All - this car looks every bit the same as mine did a few weeks ago ?

But - and it is a big but - let’s face it I really didn’t have a choice but to grab the old girl on a trailer now did I.....

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Only here once

Project number 16: An S4s.  Needs a total strip down and rebuild.  You're Wife's absolutely amazing to put up with you.  Do you give her Temazepam in her tea?  What happened to the sorted Evora?

• Haha 2
  • Gold FFM

Look - frankly I never expected to find an S4S and was very happy with my S4.

This opportunity presented itself and I simply couldn’t refuse. I never hunted this one out - more fell upon it.

Ffs - I’m a little cross with myself - the missus is dead good about it all. 

This will be my very last one - I shall be keeping it I’m sure. It’s either this one or the S4 that will be kept - I’m not 100% sure which one yet

• Thanks 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
10 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

This will be my very last one - I shall be keeping it I’m sure. It’s either this one or the S4 that will be kept - I’m not 100% sure which one yet

£50? 

54 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

This will be my very last one - I shall be keeping it I’m sure.

.. said Barry.  His Wife looking into the distance as she presses the razor blade into her wrist veins.

• Haha 1
3 hours ago, Barrykearley said:

You know you changed your mind in a sentence there, I'm not convinced!! 

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

• Gold FFM

:rofl: yes I’m very much in two minds.....once it’s running and together it will be a whole lot easier to decide

Only here once