free hit
counters
Time to start explaining - Page 20 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

• Gold FFM

I’ve just changed it to spec anyway.

clutch works - I can move backwards and forwards within the 3ft space it’s in in the garage. I still think the pedal feels low - but that might be paranoia creeping in.

27 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

You plonker, go and read the PM I sent you yesterday, only read it properly this time!

Ahh drinking tips - yeah I’ll have a look 

now I’ve fettled with the secondaries - I have a cel with error 26 being flagged. Ffs - I’ll not worry about that presently 

• Thanks 1

Only here once

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday started off much like any other.  so I thought instead of just lazing on the sofa - I’d dig the S4s out the garage and clear off the dust then a nice trip out to tintern with some oth

We have some progress. She’s now out of the garage under her own power. its given me the opportunity to sweep up the not inconsiderable mess of cut off nuts and bolts, old packets, busted f

All in its rightful place. Massive thanks to Nobby and Jacko for the assistance with the engine hoist this is the first time in 8 years the engine has been in the engine bay

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

I’ve finally bit the bullet and ran her upto temperature. 

Bled the rad - airlocked twice - fans cut in and out nicely.

fetled with the secondary connectors - error 26 has gone for now.

did a dump of the ecu for @sailorbobto have a look at.

the blue cam belt needs retensioning again - same as the S4 it’s gone tighter after a run up.

we shall see how tomorrow goes and maybe I’ll spin her up the lane

• Thanks 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Yeah - that’s taking a chuffing eternity to ensure it’s full. I ain’t one bit convinced that’s pumping like it should be - but it’s taking in water and not leaking - so I suppose that’s good.

abs light of course is on - I will need to print off the espritmon instructions and plug in the pc at some point. That is of course unless anyone else has any suggestions 

Only here once

5 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

abs light of course is on - I will need to print off the espritmon instructions and plug in the pc at some point. That is of course unless anyone else has any suggestions 

Have you thought about a brake conversion? :whistle:

• Haha 1

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

You mean one of those Margate Exotics brake conversions?  I've heard they're very good, and great value too.

British Fart to Florida, Nude to New York, Dunce to Denmark, Numpty to Newfoundland.  And Shitfaced Silly Sod to Sweden.

• Gold FFM
1 minute ago, Sparky said:

You mean one of those Margate Exotics brake conversions?  I've heard they're very good, and great value too.

Ssssh it’s a secret.....

Only here once

1 hour ago, Sparky said:

1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Ssssh it’s a secret.....

Yes we know it is , that's why sparky was whispering when he wrote that..   

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

Epic levels of happiness. 

Shes back in the garage in a tidy spot now. I’d love to be pulling the calipers off now - but need to do the vans this afternoon before the swimming run

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

I got four calipers to rip off at some point this week. Car back on the ramp or axle stands for a while longer me thinks.

Only here once

• Gold FFM
1 hour ago, Barrykearley said:

Reckon I got my money’s worth out of those rears37986520-5175-4FA2-8CAF-D63A4C8A665C.jpeg.34d256a68315df111473ef8a6bf40024.jpeg

Bloody hell, and I thought us Scott's were supposed to be tight. We would never go that far. Start of the rivet maybe, but no metal to metal.

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM

They were grinding a bit !! I swapped the fronts earlier in the week - sounded like it was the front pads that were making a noise - they only had a smear left on them.

all done - Vauxhall’s want £110 labour to swap one set of pads !!! Even being slow it’s a 20 min job per corner

Only here once

Great to see the car out in the daylight under its own power Barry - very impressed!! Just imagine how good it’s going to look with the Futuras on her!!:wub:

• Like 1
  • Gold FFM

Just don’t mention that little snippet to the missus ?

anyone fancy buying that set of v8 oz Saturn’s ??? I’ve got the center caps and can get them refurbed if required

• Like 1

Only here once