free hit
counters
Time to start explaining - Page 26 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yesterday started off much like any other.  so I thought instead of just lazing on the sofa - I’d dig the S4s out the garage and clear off the dust then a nice trip out to tintern with some oth

We have some progress. She’s now out of the garage under her own power. its given me the opportunity to sweep up the not inconsiderable mess of cut off nuts and bolts, old packets, busted f

All in its rightful place. Massive thanks to Nobby and Jacko for the assistance with the engine hoist this is the first time in 8 years the engine has been in the engine bay

Posted Images

• Gold FFM

Ahh - there’s an issue straight away.

when I did the front brakes only recently - front jacked up in gear - I rotated a wheel and it was clunk clunk clunk like the traction control was working if that makes sense - it most certainly wasn’t a smooth diff

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Farmyard exotics received a txt from Alun tonight. BD97D00C-F056-4958-BACD-729E56FF5F53.thumb.jpeg.bb2861df996c4523027b394258970d5d.jpeg

need to trial fit, cut the two 90s and rough up a bracket to get welded on. Let’s see how this pans out.

sadly - new brake pads on the fiat 500 must be done first or swmbo will start whining more than the gearbox on my van

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Lashed on tonight - so I can measure for brackets etc.

it sounds absolutely fine. Not too loud - nice and free flowing. 

Just need to mark up some steel and get it cut and welded

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Back silencer dropped off for bracket to be fitted on it.

sj delivery turned up - £85 in that box 😢91C34F1B-E835-4D76-8DBA-F729BE5E04D6.thumb.jpeg.783e08373037c0b2e05d703bf6373806.jpeg

• Confused 3

Only here once

• Gold FFM

0F8C44AB-4603-4F9F-A953-520A4D2DC740.thumb.jpeg.8a95d732d010adbe692f931eec1a6f01.jpeg

i hate work at times......this really is getting in the way of playing cars. Just the braids to band down to Earth and a few more cables which need running once motor location is decided and this sheds done. The one next door ain’t far behind either - my back aches being crumpled up like a goblin for a couple of days

• Like 1

Only here once

A very neat install Barry. You would have certainly failed the TVR spaghetti birds nest wiring course with those skills.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Gold FFM

One shed made live today - All motors running the correct way now. 

Just the other shed to do and the packhouse to finish - but need the System builders to finish before I can crack on

Only here once

• Gold FFM
48 minutes ago, Clarky5150 said:

Plenty of time to rebuild that wing mirror then Barry... Plenty of photos or video please :sofa:

I will get round to it...... 

i have 32000 hens arriving 23/04 - which ideally need to go into these two new units. However - I think the system builders simply won’t be finished in time so they will go into the other sheds - that gives us another 7 day’s until another 32000 chickens arrive. Either which way you look at things - my priorities simply aren’t car related 😢

Only here once

32,000 hens x 2. Jesus what a thought - I’m thinking of turning vegan after reading this - will that effect your Esprit buying and restoring potential?:blush:

• Gold FFM

Thankfully they aren’t my hens. Sadly we don’t have enough land to house a unit. Another 10 acres and I’d be running to the bank and building one that’s for sure.

once it’s finished and I’m paid - then my attention will be back on the Esprit for sure 👍

• Like 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM

Looking down the last shed - that was over 110m Long in the system area.

16000 hens in there - and another 16000 the other side of the wall on the left

136840B0-2BD8-4F3D-8F6C-FF400A119604.thumb.jpeg.87d4b686686560da1672133ea740e71c.jpeg

• Confused 1

Only here once

• Gold FFM
7 hours ago, swindon_alan said:

You should wire the chickens up in series Barry, that's a lot of battery...

Umm - thats free range 

Only here once

Curious how 32K hens er, arrive. Presumably not in a big long line waddling down the road following a big mother hen.

And how do you count them?

• Haha 1
  • Gold FFM
2 hours ago, Andyww said:

Curious how 32K hens er, arrive. Presumably not in a big long line waddling down the road following a big mother hen.

And how do you count them?

They come on articulated lorries in crates of 33 if I remember the qty correctly.

next time you are on the motorway - look for curtain sided lorries - with panels in the side which are like a mesh. They are chook lorries. It will always have a little forklift truck hanging on the back of it

birds are about 16 weeks old when they come - about 2 weeks off laying age

23 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Farmyard Exotics.jpg

That I need a sticker making up from 😂

• Haha 1

Only here once