free hit
counters
Time to start explaining - Page 49 - Esprit 'Project & Restoration' Room - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

Time to start explaining

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • 5 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • Gold FFM

Looks superb Barry!

• Thanks 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

Definitely worth doing and looks to have worked a treat for you there.

I've fully detailed all of my cars for years but not done my Esprit. Not sure there's much point wasting the time or the clay bar on mine, given the state and number of different shades of yellow it is 😆

• Thanks 1

Norfolk Mustard S4s #1 :)

• Gold FFM

@tomcattom the front is absolutely peppered with stone chips and there’s many a paint fault. However it does look very presentable following that effort today.
It’s the nicest I’ve ever managed to get it and I only spent maybe an hour and half. It’s truly silky to feel.

Only here once

1 hour ago, tomcattom said:

Not sure there's much point wasting the time or the clay bar

au contraire...

When you wash a car, you think it is clean...BUT THEN you immediately rub the clay bar across it, and wonder how you missed all that dirt. 🙄

PLUS the finish is sooo smoooth after claying.

PS:  There is no need to use expen$ive sprays to lubricate the bar.  Just a second coating of soapy water works a treat to lubricate the bar.

• Like 2

Atwell Haines

'88 Esprit

Succasunna, NJ USA

• Gold FFM

Gotta do it @Barrykearley. You know it makes sense bud!

Think McLaren have extended used warranties to now cover up to 15 years old, where ten before. No brainer really and the 12C and the 650 are superb cars.

• Like 1

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• Gold FFM

:hrhr: now I was thinking that. It’s not as clear cut as that since it’ll have to be listed as an asset of value. Yes I’ve checked 🤭

It’s a fantastic man maths dilemma 

Only here once

• Gold FFM

You buy it Barry. Sell it to me for half the price. I'll keep it in the garage then sell it back for same price as long as I get to drive it the once from my garage to your gaff.

• Love 1
  • Haha 1

• Gold FFM
5 minutes ago, Barrykearley said:

just for @C8RKH

That's a very nice Sport410 for sure.  They don't photograph well but in the flesh I think they look awesome. The whale tail at the back is epic when viewed from the back at a 45 degree angle.

Also, having lived with mine now for a few years, I actually prefer to the interior to the S1. The S1 was superb for it's time, but the 4xx's is very usable.

• Like 1