free hit
counters
LOT SPA Sunday 18th March 2018 - Page 2 - Trackdays - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
mcx

LOT SPA Sunday 18th March 2018

1 hour ago, The Pits said:

I'll put a tow hitch on the 430. Sorted! :D

Pictures?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Looks like I'm taking/towing the Caterham... Alex can't make it and I'm not trusted in her lovely little Elise on my own :(

Maybe it's time to get my own Lotus.... there's not been an Exige anounced for a few days so looks like the Cup 430 may be the top of the stack for a while after all :)

To be fair Tom, it was you that cause the oil problem :lol:

No. To be fair it was the 20p O-Ring at the bottom of the dip stick that caused the oil problem. I was responsible for not noticing when it caught on the exhaust and nearly buring the car out.

17 hours ago, LF1 said:

Looks like I'm taking/towing the Caterham... Alex can't make it and I'm not trusted in her lovely little Elise on my own :(

Maybe it's time to get my own Lotus.... there's not been an Exige anounced for a few days so looks like the Cup 430 may be the top of the stack for a while after all :)

What about the GT4, does that get out on track, would be good for a Spa trip?  - This is a genuine question, I have no intention debating it's merits or flaws.

Have you got an order on for a 430 Cup yet?

Ha ha. The GT4 is a road car for us. No interest in tracking it when I have the other two in the garage! Would love a 430 but can’t see it happening in reality. 

12 minutes ago, LF1 said:

Ha ha. The GT4 is a road car for us. No interest in tracking it when I have the other two in the garage! Would love a 430 but can’t see it happening in reality. 

Fair enough.

A mate should be coming along in his newly acquired 620S. It's very quick, but may take a long time to get it up to full potential. Should be a fun learning curve for him.

• Like 1

On 07/02/2018 at 14:54, Gashead1105 said:

Greg and I are on the tunnel around 1.30 Saturday, coming back on the Sunday evening. 

I may book similar time out Sat and need to back in the UK Sunday evening also. What time train have you booked back home? I'm thinking sometime around 8:30pm French time?

@mcxWe're booked on the 9.20 local time (the Exige won't get from Spa to Eurotunnel without fuel) but last time we just arrived and got on the next available train; and I'd expect the same to be the case at that time on a Sunday night!

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

@mcxWe're booked on the 9.20 local time (the Exige won't get from Spa to Eurotunnel without fuel) but last time we just arrived and got on the next available train; and I'd expect the same to be the case at that time on a Sunday night!

Ah yes, good point... not done Spa - tunnel in exige yet, forget how small the tank is.

I'll be there in my Caterham R300 for both days...love Spa B-)

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Gashead1105 said:

Mine used to do it no problem at all. In fact it used to arrive with exactly the same fuel it started with...

10409116_1024200967663788_5334637832377740337_n.jpg

• Like 2

How much did your RS6 get through though?!

Some

• Haha 1

I got 30 MPG out of the exige on the way to a trackday. Once. Then I averaged 7 for the rest of the day!

• Like 1

With the Exige being up for sale, I'm probably going to be in the Fiesta....

• Confused 1

12 minutes ago, Gashead1105 said:

With the Exige being up for sale, I'm probably going to be in the Fiesta....

Did I see you were thinking of swapping for the evora 400? I drove mine at the ring, Silverstone and hethel.. it was fine.. I guess time is a little tight though? Worth checking if LOT will ok with that, I know they have been a bit non plussed by a mate of mine who had sold his exige and wanted to take a hot hatch..

It's a matter of timing, given the weather I can't imagine that I'm going to get much interest this weekend and then there is only one weekend left before we are off to Spa... If I don't get any decent interest next week/weekend it's going to go to a dealer (not decided which one yet). But yes, I'd expect a 400 to be fine at Spa (there was one on a day a few of us did in Nov 16) 

Evora is absolutely fine at both Spa and also at LoT in general.

There were two 400s at Dijon last summer as part of frolic.

1 minute ago, CocoPops said:

Evora is absolutely fine at both Spa and also at LoT in general.

There were two 400s at Dijon last summer as part of frolic.

Sorry, I meant them ok with the fiesta.. Evora obviously is ok :) 

Based on current weather.... festa might be better :lol:

I emailed them this morning, they confirmed they were fine with me taking the Fiesta. The LoT terms say to email them in advance for confirmation in respect of non-Lotus/related cars, which I did. I've done a TD with them at Hethel before where there was a 911 and a Mini!

I am of course hoping that the V6 is sold and the 400 bought before the 18th...

Edited by Gashead1105
  • Like 1

They will let you if you are know to them as a historical lotus owner. If you are not then no hatch backs, etc. It’s a good rule. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CocoPops said:

Based on current weather.... festa might be better :lol:

Agree, forecast not good at this stage, but it is a way off still - I'll bring my Mini

Long range forecast looks good enough at mo. Minimal cancellation risk I'd say.

Unless my V6 is sold in the next 10 days, I've decided that I'm going to be in it for one last blast - and it's then going to go to Silverstone on SoR.

• Like 2