free hit
counters
Evora 400 weird noise - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

I just picked up a 15 plate Evora 400 3 days ago and on a few occasions when driven hard I have a strange ‘pattering’, tapping noise coming from the passenger side screen/dash area. It sounds a bit like several large rain drops hitting the screen every second  and about the same volume you would get in a heavy storm. It appears to be speed related in that it increases intensity and volume  as I accelerate hard but at a steady speed it disappears. It’s happened on 3 occasions so far.

At first I thought it might be the A piller cover vibrating/ resonating or a screen bonding issue but it appears okay. I will try and record it if it persists but has anyone experienced anything similar?

Otherwise loving it.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

it might be resonance from the a pillar cover, whilst it may seem fine, i would stick some masking tape over it, &  then go for a high speed pass

3 hours ago, Phil H said:

Yep its was the A pillar cover. All sorted. Thanks

They really are from the Ministry of shit design. How the 400 ended up with the same as the S1 I don't know. They never fall off but they are a nightmare to fit properly.