free hit
counters
JPS Europa Reg MMO 597L - Europa - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

JPS Europa Reg MMO 597L

Winter

Does anyone know of the whereabouts of this car? It was bought brand new in 1973 and a son of the purchaser is trying to locate it. Please contact me if you know where it might be so that I can pass on the information to the enquirer. Many thanks. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Merry Christmas Ed,

I'm afraid I know nothing of the Europa but I was wondering how you rated the McLaren against the F430.

Cheers & all the best for the new year. :thumbup:

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

The car has not been taxed in the U.K. Since 1975 under than number plate so it has probably been exported. To get a chance for people to find it, you probably need to find out which number it was if it is one of the 100 JPS.

• 2 years later...
12 hours ago, Bread Van said:

Hi Ed,

Would you know if this guy ever tracked down his Europa MMO 597L?

If he is still searching for it, I may be able to point him in the right direction.

Dave.

Hi Dave,

I'm afraid Edward passed away last July, here's the thread announcing his passing

Cheers,

John W

http://jonwatkins.co.uk

• 7 months later...

So sad to hear Edward has passed away, I contacted him initially as I thought he had the car I was searching for, turned out to be a different car. However Edward chatted to me about ways of finding the car then he kindly put a request for info on here, a total stranger to me but so helpful and understanding. Bread Van (Dave) I am still searching for the car, I have had contact from someone that owned it in the 90s but Im not sure if he still owns it or where it is now, its all very slow moving   so any help or clue would be fantastic Dave. Regards Phil

• Like 1

Welcome to TLF Phil (@bikenut) and Dave (@Bread Van:welcome:

Best of luck searching for the Europa. You never know, it may still be out there somewhere.

You should both duck over to the Introductions are and say hi in there as well. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.

Hi Phil, glad to hear you are finally getting somewhere, in your search for MMO597L, hopefully the previous owner can help you to locate it. Just to confuse the issue a little, in this YouTube video, Graham Arnold (Lotus sales director) suggests that they provided Harrowhouse with 2 Europas (see video at 10-12 minutes). if this were correct, which one demolished it's front end jumping the wall?    I'm sure you'll get some interesting history of the car from the previous owner, please let us know what you find out.

Dave

• 2 weeks later...

I remember seeing the car on the Banks stand at a Lotus show in the spring of 1994.

It had been dismantled and sitting in boxes for many years and Banks had carried out an exemplary restoration.

They wanted £8,800 and I almost bought it but it was snapped up by a Japanese buyer and shipped off to Japan.

Consequently a chassis number search might be more likely to yield results.

It had the precious original Vitaloni Sebring Mach 1 door mirrors and was perfect.

Edited by jetace25
  • Like 1

£8800 sounds about right in 1994. 1994 was close to the bottom of the market for europa values. My S2 which I bought for just under £2000 in 1980 was only worth about £4k in 1994. Even in the early 2000's concourse Specials were still under £20k. Prices have risen a lot since 2010.

Europas were not valued much for a long time, even now they are a bargain compared to many cars of that era, even ford capri's which were a fraction of the price new go for more than europas at the moment. Price definitely is set by fashion. At the other end of the scale you could but a Ferrari Dino in 1980 from about £2300 (looked at the time I bought my europa but they were just out of my price range), price now....  £300k and up.

• Gold FFM

I bought plenty of Europa Specials in the mid-90s for between £8k and £12k, all top notch. I sold a few too and I don't recall any at more than £15k. They were easy to buy and tough to sell in the 90s. 

Justin 

• 2 weeks later...
On 29/07/2021 at 10:15, MMO597l said:

Concourse winner - 7600 miles on the clock. £8800?

£18800 would be likely.

Welcome to TLF. :welcome:

You should duck over to the Introductions area and say hi in there as well. :) 

Any questions or issues with using the forums, feel free to ask one of us mods. We're here to help. :) 

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

For forum issues, please contact one of us Moderators.