free hit
counters
Lotus Carbon VS aftermarket - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Its me again!

So I managed to get my hands on a price list from Lotus, and I find the carbon fibre reasonably priced, however it still adds up fast!

Can anyone compare the quality and fitment of Lotus carbon against the aftermarket companies? Reverie seem to have a lot of options and seem on par with Lotus prices IMO.

The reason I ask is because being such a small production run, not all cars will have the desired options or packages, and carbon on the outside is perfect to me. Is it purely the price that puts people off buying Lotus parts or is it quality too? 

Edited by RoflOnMyWaffle

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Have a look at this thread here for some aftermarket alternatives:

The Lotus items are generally regarded as very high quality but they often come with a relatively high price tag. (Many of the cf parts are now manufactured by Prodrive). Many of the aftermarket alternatives are an equivalent quality but often at much cheaper prices. 

7 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

Have a look at this thread here for some aftermarket alternatives:

The Lotus items are generally regarded as very high quality but they often come with a relatively high price tag. (Many of the cf parts are now manufactured by Prodrive). Many of the aftermarket alternatives are an equivalent quality but often at much cheaper prices. 

Those prices are mental! Practically 1/3rd the cost of Lotus. Are they all replacement parts, not just skins? So it doesn't stick on with say tape or something?

Thank you for the link :)

Eltech in particular are fairly priced and good quality items - proper carbon.

24 minutes ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

Are they all replacement parts, not just skins?

There are a lot of options mentioned in that thread so I can’t speak for them all. But the Hkfever and Win-Ace parts are definitely proper cf parts.