Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Fire Eater! Anyone Interested - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Fire Eater! Anyone Interested

alias23

Hi Folks,

Seen a few posts ref fire extinguishers of late which reminded me of the neat little ‘Fire Eater’ solution from MangiaFuoco http://www.mangiafuoco.biz/index.html

If you’re unaware of these little devices they seem to be pretty good for inside the cockpit in the event of the worst happening. By no means am I saying better than a plumbed in solution be a decent alternative. These are the same as the €83 Sparco version:

http://www.elise-shop.com/sparco-fireater-fire-extinguisher-elise-exige-vx220-p-344.html

I looked into doing a bulk buy last year but got side tracked, you can’t order them separately so you have to bulk order. They come from Italy min order is a pack of 12. I’m contemplating having two in my Exige anyhow so checking if anyone else interested. If interested let me know i reckon they’ll equate to £55 each delivered to your UK address.

*moderators hope this is ok to post please edit or remove if not appropriate*

www.alias23.com

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I carry one in each car.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow
Follow my Lotus journey here: http://www.FaceBook.com/HandmadeInHethel

Why can't i find any information on this online? The only search results I get back are the lotus websites and sparco doesn't even have it listed on its website 

https://www.sparco.it/shop/en/racing/techincal-accesories/extinguisher?zenid=06nl2h878cp17vspnl131m5757

I found one video on youtube but looks like it was filmed with a handycam back in 1993

Unsure @usurp Agree not much information but they do seem to be pretty good from what I have read on the forums. 

I think one of the problems is that they don’t seem to be freely available other than those rebranded as Sparco at a high premium!

@CocoPops did you buy yours on a previous Lotus group buy or did you manage to find a UK dealer?

www.alias23.com

First one was part of a vx220 group buy and second one was via eBay where the seller was selling in batches of 4.

Current: 2021 Lotus Elise Cup 250 FE in Isotope Green, Red Alcantara Interior, Carbon Aero Kit, AirCon, Carpets & Mats, NVH pack, Cruise Control, Stereo, Red Calipers.
Now Gone2018 Lotus Elise Sport 220 in Metallic Blue, Alcantara Pack, Forged Wheels, 2piece brakes, AirCon, Hard/Soft Tops, Red Calipers, Stereo, Interior Colour Pack, NVH Pack, Carpets, Mats.
Previously Owned: 2016 Lotus Evora 400, 2010 Lotus Evora NA, 2003 VX220 Supercharged, 2001 VX220 Lightning Yellow

Thanks for the links @usurp although I think it should still work out cheaper buying in bulk if folks are up for an informal group buy.

More I read up the more I think this is a good solution as no residue.

I reckon in reality the cost should work out less than £55 delivered but airing on side of caution.

Suggest we start a list to gauge interest;

alias23 - 2x

@Mark030358 - 2x

So have 8x available.

www.alias23.com

I have Evora, but on my Vx I used to mount it on the chassis rail in front of pax seat.

In Evora, it is velcro’d between seat and sill. Easy to grab.

On 26/12/2017 at 13:41, alias23 said:

By no means am I saying better than a plumbed in solution be a decent alternative.

Key difference is that a plumbed-in extinguishers first job is to buy you time to get out of the car, they aren't very good at putting fire out.

You really don't want to be in the car when one of those gas things go off.

Dave

23 hours ago, alias23 said:

I've placed a bulk order for the 50 second versions. Hopefully should get confirmation they've received payment in the next 2-3 days then await shipping. 

Errrr... from the infos I gave to you ? Would have appreciated a feeback :blush: ...

On 29/12/2017 at 13:26, alias23 said:

I've placed a bulk order for the 50 second versions. Hopefully should get confirmation they've received payment in the next 2-3 days then await shipping. 

Hi Imran,

Nice job ?

Let me know when and how you want paying.

cheers

Mark

• Like 1

• 1 month later...

Based on a few folks pinging me asking for Fire Eaters... i've run another group buy. They're due to arrive next week and I will have a few still spare and available. If you missed the last group buy and want one of these fire eaters please ping me a message. Thanks

• Like 1

www.alias23.com

Hi Imran,

Put me down for another two please. Not back to UK for a while, so I’ll send you a pm

thanks

Mark

46 minutes ago, Mark030358 said:

Hi Imran,

Put me down for another two please. Not back to UK for a while, so I’ll send you a pm

thanks

Mark

WoW haha thanks Mark! Ping me a PM when you get a moment sure can sort something out... Cheers

www.alias23.com

• 1 month later...

Hi,

Bit of a newcomer/imposter here (as a VX220 owner) but Imran/Alias23 I was hoping you might still have some fire eaters available? Would really like one for the VX220 but if you have more I'd take two of you (for one of my other cars). If it helps (it probably doesn't :lol: ) Cocopops knows me and hopefully can vouch for me being a genuine person/buyer.

I'll drop you a PM anyway.

Graeme

• Like 1