free hit
counters
Air box trunking - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
David Corns

Air box trunking

Hi everyone

I have a 1982 Elite S2.2 .   I am in need of the original air box trunking,   In reasonable condition and willing to travel to collect if necessary.  I understand that it is tapered and has some sort of lining inside of it.

Cheers

David 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Hi Tim

I am planning on going over to Lotusbits this week, just trying to  cover all avenues and put some money into an owners pocket.

Cheers

• Like 1

Hi David, I took a picture of what I use for the induction pipe for you, it is not the same as the insulated original pipe but is available from various outlets

SJ sports cars list  induction pipe, not cheap and I'm note sure if it is the right one, if interested you would have to speak to Steve there to find out if it is suitable.

if you want more info on the one I use let me know and I'll point you in the right direction

regards Dan

image.jpg

image.jpg

Hi Dan

Thanks for the picture and information.  Steve has just done a lot of work on my car for me and i have dealt with him for many years, he looks after my esprit turbo as well.  Always found him to be very good and Ross (and the rest of the team) always very helpful.. Steve did fit my car with the new trunking but i am not happy with the induction roar it gives.  I managed to get an original one from Lotusbits today for £10 including the end piece.  The original has some foam lining to reduce the induction noise.  See attached picture.  Happy bunny, so i am going to fit it tomorrow.

Cheers

Elite Trunking.JPG

Hi David, glad you got it sorted, I'm sure in the past I gave the original induction pipe that I had to Mike at Lotusbits along with other bits that I no longer had use of, he has always helped me out going  back to before he started Lotusbits full time.

Interesting headlight set up in the first picture. Is this normal on an Eclat 2.2. ?

Hi Clive, no this is not a standard, I converted it to reduce weight as I was racing the car before having kids. It has been through its MOT with this modification. These are a couple of photos of the car with the enclosed headlights.

Dan

image.jpg

image.jpg

• Like 2