free hit
counters
The 430 was being tested in 2015? - Page 2 - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

The 430 was being tested in 2015?

alias23

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, it was Lotus Social Media and Jean Marc Gales himself who misled the public on this:

>> Following the recent launch of the lighter, faster Sport 380 variant, ‘there is nothing more to come from the Exige’, Gales says, although he allows there are still ideas for an increased downforce bodywork package, which may find its way onto a track-only version in the near future. <<

Source:

http://www.carmagazine.co.uk/spy-shots/lotus/what-is-lotus-up-to-in-2017-and-beyond/

And in contradistinction to this, how often did Jean Marc Gales announce the Evora Roadster? Saying how easy it was to design? And saying that it was long overdue as an obvious addition to the Evora range? But never happened to date...

• Thanks 1

A Lotus FB/Instagram post from yesterday basically told everyone that more exciting things are in the pipeline for 2018. 

Ok, so JMG has told us all that 430Bhp is the most that the road cars gearbox can handle. Where do Lotus go from here with the S3 platform assuming 430 is the power limit? Lighter? More aero? Faster Hethel lap times? More expensive cars?

Surely a convertible Evora is on the cards which will also be sold in America? This surely makes good business sense if they can sell a load of them. 

I happen to like reading about new Loti every month. Makes me happy. Roll on 2018. 

On 29/12/2017 at 15:00, cbaileyuk said:

Is Crouchy's account one to believe or not then?

You initially question the source of the referred to information, then someone comes along with a plausible account so you then take your scepticism to another level and ask readers to not believe everything we are told, even claims which include manufacturer's comment. Such comments from you sound incredibly disingenuous. Very typical modus operandi for this sort of situation.

You can set your watch by the predictability of The Pits’s replies. Someone has a go at Lotus (usually legitimately) fan boy comes along with a predictable reply. 

It’s one of the reasons I don’t read this forum much because any free speech is silenced. 

Great shame really. 

Edited by JG220
  • Like 1

The problem with written comments is that the tone is set by the reader and not the writer so I think the pits comments have been taken in the wrong way. I think he is just trying to call for some logic and balanced thinking.

due to budgets lotus development has been slow historically, however that had to change post Geely. I think we can all agree the past 12 months for the exige has been short termist however no one knows what is going on behind closed doors; maybe a statement from lotus would help appease some.

before geely they probably had planned a slower release agenda but with the investment it was more a case of clear the decks with the exige so we can focus on the suv and New platforms/cars.

From their perspective to lose a few who swear never again is worthwhile for all the new customers the new models will open up. To recruit more people becomes a risk to quality and the lotus dna so it’s better to fast forward through the development and put your guys onto the new work ASAP.

Lotus need to get better at the communication side now they are “bigger” but I don’t think we will see such a compact release agenda again; well not within the same model line anyway.

13 minutes ago, C8RKH said:

Who actually gives a shit if a test mule was running around a couple of years ago

Scroll back to start of thread ;-)  But I agree with you.  I'm suprised that people are suprised and IPR will be a closely guarded secret until it is not...    In 'real' life, my office has a fair number of nobs,  I just choose who I associate with.  What can you really expect on any public forum?

Oh yeah - happy 2018

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, JG220 said:

You can set your watch by the predictability of The Pits’s replies. Someone has a go at Lotus (usually legitimately) fan boy comes along with a predictable reply. 

It’s one of the reasons I don’t read this forum much because any free speech is silenced. 

Great shame really. 

You don't appear to have been silenced do you? So this comment appears to have no basis in reality at all.

• Like 1

A bit surreal to be waking up to this today.

Anyone with personal grievances is welcome to get in touch by private mail, for the sake of everyone else who'd rather be discussing the topic.

It's also more adult to deal with personal issues privately than harbour grudges and build up resentment to the point where you can't even see past your own baggage.

"Lotus have the right to silence but to mislead anyone is definitely crossing the line and totally unnecessary.... I can’t defend intentionally misleading anyone. Another reason to keep the dealers better informed, they are largely kept in the dark at the moment."

The most openly critical thing written on this thread!

Still not happy? PM please from here on.

• Like 1

This thread has been reported to the moderators for watching. Any more personal attacks will be dealt with using either warnings or your account being removed from the site. Read the rules you agreed to, 'play nice' is one of them. This isn't some sort of playground.

Talking of which, Mr Bailey, I've read your posts on seloc...

You can't talk to them on there - a complete turd with a lotus badge pop riveted on would be hailed as dream vehicle. Its partisantastic.

You will be marched out as a heretic about 1 hr after the posting

Def not fanboys here. TLF is cult like on that front.  

Shut down threads due to negative vibes? Are you trying to turn this into TLF?

None of those posts of yours have any founding in reality. There are plenty of examples of balanced threads on both sides of the discussion about Lotus cars, none have been shut down due to negative vibes (this thread being an example) and we've never banned anyone for being a 'heretic' (again, this thread being an example). You're talking rubbish mate. 

If you don't like the people on here, why do you keep returning? I suspect it's just to stir up a fight. and if that continues to be the case I will review your access to the forums as that's against our rules, which again you agreed to when you joined. If you do get banned, it won't be for being a heretic, it'll be for be your persistent confrontational posting style. 

This is no longer a point for discussion though, back on topic please. 

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

come on guys, lets not allow this to turn into the playground. I absolutely agree that comments usually offered on this particular topic (V6 Exige) by: 'The Pits' are always biased in favour of Lotus. Which is off-putting. I don't understand why this can't be stated? ........but also, 'The Pits' is entitled to whatever views he has.

• Like 1

That's just fine

Some really poisonous garbage from @cbaileyuk here. Anyone can read for themselves what was posted on page 1. At no point did I question Crouchy's comment, go and read it again. It's appalling to now present as fact that I doubted what was written. This, on a thread about mis-information!

I've tried really hard to rise above this for the benefit of everyone else but enough is enough. I was asked if I believed Crouchy or not, an absurd shit-stirring question that I chose not to dignify. Like everyone else I'm totally against any attempt to mislead customers, how could anyone possibly be in favour? It's entirely reasonable to question the sources of this mis-information though. I totally stand by that. Most are quick to say "Lotus said x" when really they heard it elsewhere. If Crouchy had heard it first hand from people at the factory then that's appalling. As with earlier posts my condemnation of this could not be clearer. You have chosen to interpret that as doubting Crouchy, not something that ever happened at any point. Nice job in making a big deal out of absolutely nothing.

You clearly don't understand the term 'disingenuous' but it's what happens when someone posts on a forum that he relentlessly slags-off elsewhere.

Anyone who 'likes' your posts ought to see what's become of the playground these days. Those who really want 'balance' will find it here.

Sincere offer to discuss this openly and honestly by pm still stands if anyone's big enough to try that route. So far, no takers which speaks volumes.

No more on this from me.

For everyone else my apologies for my part in such a disgracefully awful thread.

I'll discuss it privately by all means, I have no problem with that (if it's the 'big enough' point you are relying on) but you can't publicise your thinking then when you are questioned on it want to make everything private.

I think the logic behind my point was very clear. It was presented to you as fact a page ago and the same approach was carried forward. It was presented in that way because that is how it reads. 

It's irrelevant now though, you've made your position clear, as have the forum mods. This forum has a particular approach and it is very very difficult to speak against it. 

As I said above, I take the points made by Bibs on board.

• Like 2

• Gold FFM

You forgot to mention it was charge cooled too @Buddsy :sofa:

• Haha 2

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

3 hours ago, Bibs said:

From Lotus:

"We would like to make our position clear with regards to this post and the related discussion.  Whilst the image shown was of an Exige development car, the car in question was in no way related to the Exige Cup 430; a project which was not conceived until 2017, some two years after this image was taken."

To put that into words that the playground will understand: "Ner dee ner dee ner ner. You lot know nothing."  

• Bibs locked this topic