free hit
counters
Goodwood noise level ok for 350 sport? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Solstice

Goodwood noise level ok for 350 sport?

Guys I'm trying to plan a few track days for next year, I know that unless I put them in the diary now another year will slip by!

Goodwood looks like 98db static and 96 drive by, any idea whether my 350 is likely to pass?

Thanks

Gareth

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Yes, I enjoyed many days at Goodwood in my V6 Cup. No problem in a standard 350 but a sports exhaust will tip you over that.

I thought the 350 had the ‘new’ exhaust which was louder than the original V6 and Cup?

The 380 has the new exhaust from the 400, i think the 350 is the same as the V6S. So if pits says its ok then you should be fine. I know I have to be very very conservative with revs to even get under a 105 limit with the larini.

1 hour ago, Crouchy said:

The 380 has the new exhaust from the 400, i think the 350 is the same as the V6S. So if pits says its ok then you should be fine. I know I have to be very very conservative with revs to even get under a 105 limit with the larini.

This.

Have you tried downloading at DB meter on your phone. There seems to be some apps with good reviews. If you google the revs they take the noise readings at. From memory they take it about 5000 rpm a meter or so from the exhaust off set to one side. There is information on the web for this to confirm 

I have no issues on the 'loud' days at Goodwood, but the odd occasion where I've done a 'normal' day there, I have had warnings on the driveby limit. Never an issue with the static test. 

The exhaust on my Cup is the same on your 350. 

On 29/12/2017 at 10:30, Arun_D said:

I have no issues on the 'loud' days at Goodwood, but the odd occasion where I've done a 'normal' day there, I have had warnings on the driveby limit. Never an issue with the static test. 

The exhaust on my Cup is the same on your 350. 

+1 with my standard Exige V6S. I did a 98db day in November and it was fine on the static test (ok, I admit to bending the truth about the rev limit everso slightly?) but I did get a couple of warnings about the drive by noise. Knowing where the mics are, I simply short shifted at these points thereafter. 

I’m always fine on the 105db days. 

• Like 1

I have to lift at the three microphones all day long on a 98db day on a standard Exige S. Every time I forget I get called in and now its 3 times and your off.

To get through the static you have to Go into race mode and then hit the exhaust shut button and gently bring the revs up. Make sure you tell them where the rev limit is, each time I've been they had assumed it was 500 revs higher.

All a pain in a standard car with a standard exhaust.

Martin S

Edited by MARTIN_S