free hit
counters
Exige/Evora rear light clusters - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Mark030358

Exige/Evora rear light clusters

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Evora Single tail lamp cluster and that of the later model Exige share the same unit. I'm thinking about getting a set of GRP rear lights.

thanks

Mark

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, Mark030358 said:

Hi,

Can anyone tell me if the Evora Single tail lamp cluster and that of the later model Exige share the same unit. I'm thinking about getting a set of GRP rear lights.

thanks

Mark

Had wondered if I could get the transforged Exige afterburners for half price  as only need half the number of lamps ;)

2 hours ago, mik said:

Different part numbers on deroure

Evora

Exige

The Exige listing on Deroure that you’re linking to is for the original V6 (with twin tail lights). 

The current Exige (from the 380 onwards) only uses one tail light. However, there doesn’t seem to be a listing for it on Deroure yet. 

@Bravo73 Hi Jonny, I checked Deroure and usually they call out if its a 380 part. However on the same page as the light clusters are shown the smaller, seperate fog/reversing lamps. Hence my question.

8 hours ago, DJW said:

Had wondered if I could get the transforged Exige afterburners for half price  as only need half the number of lamps

Old Exige $900, New Exige $700 for half the quantity.... maybe its a functional difference.

Thing is GRP are fully road legal I believe. Greg asked me for some photos of my lights from the inside of the car (connectors, wire colours  etc) but I'm sill in Algeria for a while, any chance someone could email me some hi-res photos please??

thanks in advance

Mark

2 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

@Bravo73 Hi Jonny, I checked Deroure and usually they call out if its a 380 part. However on the same page as the light clusters are shown the smaller, seperate fog/reversing lamps. Hence my question.

Old Exige $900, New Exige $700 for half the quantity.... maybe its a functional difference.

Thing is GRP are fully road legal I believe. Greg asked me for some photos of my lights from the inside of the car (connectors, wire colours  etc) but I'm sill in Algeria for a while, any chance someone could email me some hi-res photos please??

thanks in advance

Mark

From a technical standpoint, no aftermarket lights are "legal" unless they're marked as such (and not just because they use the original housing) and have gone through the certification to have the approval.

9 hours ago, Bravo73 said:

The Exige listing on Deroure that you’re linking to is for the original V6 (with twin tail lights). 

The current Exige (from the 380 onwards) only uses one tail light. However, there doesn’t seem to be a listing for it on Deroure yet. 

Oops - sorry. Havent been paying enough attention to Exige styling udates. 

Thanks for all the replies, very much appreciated ?

cheers

Mark

Just want to say thanks to Dave, aka @DJW for all his help. Absolutely gone out of his way to help me.

cheers

Mark

FWIW, the rear of those lights look very different to the Evora version. 

Hi Jonny,

After getting those and other pics from Dave I pinged them to Greg. He said they were identical, except the Evora has a different shroud, to quote him...

"The Evora has a trim ring that the lights sits in and is then installed in the car thats why it looks different in that picture."

Cheers

Mark

OK, ordered a set ?

cheers

Mark

3 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

OK, ordered a set ?

cheers

Mark

Did the same yesterday morning,  I blame you ;)

On 31/12/2017 at 01:21, DJW said:

Did the same yesterday morning,  I blame you ;)

Cool....????