free hit
counters
Alunox manifold - Esprit Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Barrykearley

Alunox manifold

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Sounds like this would be a fantastic purchase for the Mica special @S4S 4 

Barry you should take some video footage to let us hear it idling and revving with some in-car driving footage tooB-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

He’s right.... I ain’t keeping two cars which consume cash like a craving junkie

• Haha 1

Mind I said a restored S4s would be worth around £30k.......I really meant £3k......simple typo after too many Christmas sherries :wine:

Let me know when you’re done and I’ll transfer quickly so you’re not having to deal with those pesky timewasters:thumbup:

• Haha 1

That sounds like a really good improvement over the standard item. This would match up well with the twin back box on the mica??

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, S4S 4 said:

How does it compare to a V8??

Well - you only need to look at the stock 0-60 times to see there’s very little between the two cars.

the v8 was apparently the car they always needed to build - apparently every car aficionado wanted one. Strange they only sold 1483 of them. The v8 is a different animal entirely. Over 100mph - they are amazing - but where can you drive like that.

the 4 banger for me wins handsdown as a more agile and planted drivers car everytime. Would I have another v8 - no (well that will probably be proven to be a lie in the future) 

you need to drive the two cars to understand really. I always wanted a v8 - but the 4 pot kicks so highly above where it should.

23 minutes ago, Chillidoggy said:

Cheaper?

Yes - umm - yes and yes again?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's all fine Barry, but could you please elaborate some more on the matter of driving differences. Curvetaking, s-curves, braking, steering, acceleration, weight transfer, suspension travel, response to roadsurface, suspension travel, harshness, response to driverinput, speederresponse etc. etc. That is interesting.

Kind regards,

Jacques.

ps: we want pics of your Esprit with new parts on ;) And since you got a basket full of goodies with the purchase, I am sure, that there  is a nice camera as well ;) A video on the matter would also be nice ;)

Turbo kicks in slightly earlier and spools up much much faster. It feels brutal when the boost comes on now. It’s significantly different on acceleration.  Not great in the wet - as the wheels spin really easy in 1/2/3 gears.

steering and all that stuff - more impacted by all the nice new bushes.

Ah you mean the v8 differences...... v8 easy and lazy to drive. Not that engaging for me - but I can understand others liking them. I love hire cars !! 

4 minutes ago, Jacques said:

ps: we want pics of your Esprit with new parts on ;) And since you got a basket full of goodies with the purchase, I am sure, that there  is a nice camera as well ;)

Blue S4 pics are here 

s4s - currently putting simple things together. Not much shiny bits to see yet - but there’s a lot coming soon...

It’s going back together - but looking at the state of the rear springs and discs - there’s a whole heap of stuff to do

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/topic/92902-time-to-start-explaining/