free hit
counters
S4 & V8 Battery cover - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Electrical/Alarms/ICE - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Does anyone know which car this originally came from. For some reason I have it in my mind this is not a purely Lotus part. Lotus part number is 

B082M4725K

Thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

That's a good point Marc, I am short of one as well, my repairer managed to misplace mine and it has annoyed me ever since. Will have a root around Google when I have a minute. 

I had considered moulding a GRP one previously, but was finally given one by Dave Lisle (thanks!). It's not a complicated moulding, and could be feasible for someone to batch-manufacture if there was enough interest.

Can you take some pics of yours please Ian? I remember roughly what it looks like and there's the parts manual but photos really help in searching...

I have one but it starting to break up at one point. I am hoping sourcing a good one will not be too hard :ermm:

WP_20180102_13_02_57_Pro.jpg

WP_20180102_13_03_03_Pro.jpg

WP_20180102_13_03_12_Pro.jpg

Thanks Ian and Marc, will have a look. SJ don't list it by the way, I'm surprised that they haven't re manufactured it. Probably very low demand. SW Lotus don't appear to have a skip full either...

Just to add to Mark’s photos, there’s a rubber strap affair with a couple of steel brackets that are supposed to secure the box for the tool kit. Mine has long since departed, but having seen what Lotus put in them, they’re as much use as a one legged man at an arse-kicking party.

3CEF639F-0819-4097-97AF-1A610E0E9A9B.jpeg

42E5B28D-2DC7-4E6D-90E2-354B12D36905.jpeg

362A0439-5675-431A-BB30-4B78A5A58060.jpeg

9A21FD41-EF88-4737-BC63-49D330FC876C.jpeg

I always wondered about that. I have the battery cover and I have the toolbox but I don't have the rubber strap or the metal hook etc. I can't even remember if my cover has the holes for the bracket etc. My rubber strap for the jack in the front of the car is gone as well.

Maybe this strap went at the same time.

The last tool box I saw on eBay went for crazy money.

1 hour ago, ramjet said:

I have the battery cover and I have the toolbox but I don't have the rubber strap or the metal hook etc

I have the straps and brackets if you want them (if I can find them) - I took them off as the V8 had the toolbox under the bonnet. I bought the cover some years ago and I assume was off an S4 rather than a V8.

2 hours ago, Chillidoggy said:

The last tool box I saw on eBay went for crazy money.

It was Kearley. Somebody told him there was a special Lotus competition scratchcard in them. First prize was a completely ****ed Esprit NA complete with shagged gearbox and cracked manifold. Third prize a pristine low mileage Sport 300.

• Haha 1

14 hours ago, march said:

I have the straps and brackets if you want them (if I can find them) - I took them off as the V8 had the toolbox under the bonnet. I bought the cover some years ago and I assume was off an S4 rather than a V8.

I'll be in that Marc if you can find them. What do you reckon it will cost to post over to me in Australia though?

No idea of postage to Australia - will check, hopefully it''s not too much as it should only be a small package. I am away for a few days but will sort it on my return.

15 hours ago, march said:

Well that is something I never noticed before, presumably because my toolkit was in the default "missing" mode. S4/S4s toolkit strapped to the battery tray, V8 to the heater plenum. I wondered what that strap and hook was for...

On 1/3/2018 at 06:28, march said:

PM sent.

I would certainly like an exact copy in carbon fiber if possible... ;) although I have the original complete.

Kind regards,

Jacques

I'd be reluctant to use carbon fiber due to its conductivity.