free hit
counters
TLF Series/Boxset Topic - Page 2 - General Chat - The Lotus Forums #ForTheOwners Jump to content

TLF Series/Boxset Topic

• 2 weeks later...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Oh...............my............goddddddddddddddd! Can't wait!    

Holy Fuck! Binged watch all 8 episodes in 2 nights. Now desperate for series 2!!   

Watch Breaking Bad. Thank me later

Currently half way through series one of 2 series on Netflix. Altered Carbon which is so far interesting but a little bit up it's on arse pretentious. Trying to be Blade runner too hard I think. Still worth a look as it develops.

Second one is Daredevil. Quite dark and gritty I love it. well worth a look! 

Possibly save your life. Check out this website.
http://everyman-campaign.org/

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 1 month later...

Halfway through S1 of The Crown. It's very good so far, really interesting. 

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Altered Carbon on Netflix. Based on the novel, of the same name, by Brit’ author Richard Morgan. The first 5 eps are pretty much bang on.  The second half deviates, but following the book too closely would probably be too dark for TV.  There are 2 further books in the series, both great, so this could go on albeit with some new actors - the main protagonist has a different sleeve/body each time.

American Gods on Amazon.  Based on the Neil Gaimon novel (another Brit). I think they’ve done a good job of bringing the feel of the book to the screen.  One of the main characters, Mr. Wednesday, is played by Lovejoy’s Ian McShane.

The Man in the High Castle on Amazon. Based on Philip K Dick’s book of the same name. Alternative second half of 20th Century, in which the Axis forces have won WW2. If you’ve liked Electric Dreams on C4 you should give this a go. Quintessential Dick; so many interesting ideas.

It really is a golden period for real SF on the screen.

Narcos. Totally addictive (no pun intended). Never thought I’d say that about a subtitled series, but there you go.

Better Call Saul. Breaking Bad spinoff, loved it.

The Code. Aussie thriller about computer stuff. Highly recommended.

Margate Exotics.

• Gold FFM

2nd recommendation for The Code here. Liked both seasons.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

• 2 weeks later...

Oh...............my............goddddddddddddddd! Can't wait!

• Like 2

Distributor for 'Every Male' grooming products. (Discounts for any TLF members hairier than I am!)

• 4 weeks later...

Awesome! We started watching it Saturday but both fell asleep cause we are old and tired.

• 3 weeks later...

Billions is getting excellent, anyone else watching it?

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

@Bibs Yes, it's mega (although first season was best especially as could download the whole thing in one go from moment it was released!). Current favourite series on TV. Also enjoying homeland, Madame Secretary and have the Good Fight when up to date on everything else... 

I've been watching The Terror on demand with BT TV.  I read the Dan Simmons book a few years back and thought it was superb.  It's a supernatural horror take on what may have happened to the lost crews of the 1845 Fanklin expedition to find the Northwest Passage (over the top of Canada).  The name is taken from one of the ships, HMS Terror.

It's early days but the series is looking pretty good.

@Gashead1105, have you seen last nights episode yet?

Evora NA

Enjoy 👍

Evora NA

a pal just recommended this to me, I don't watch much TV but it's Stabler from SVU [great actor, great character] and it seems nuts...

Just watching series 1 of Innan vi dör (Before We Die). It's a Swedish language crime series and very watchable. I do like foreign language film and TV. :) 

It's getting there......

On 04/05/2018 at 14:05, GTK said:

a pal just recommended this to me, I don't watch much TV but it's Stabler from SVU [great actor, great character] and it seems nuts...

George, thanks for the heads up on this. I watched the 3 free episodes on SciFi streaming channel and I'm hooked to finish it. Definitely different.

• 2 weeks later...

Must watch that! I just watched Breaking bad season 1. After the first 2 which were a little slow, I ended up watching all the rest one after the other....with a whole bottle of whiskey. Finsihing at 6am when I was taking the Mrs out for her Borthday the next day.

Whoever recommended it is not Wendys friend!! 🤢

• Haha 1

• 1 year later...
On 02/01/2018 at 14:38, Bibs said:

Watch Breaking Bad. Thank me later :)

El Camino is out on Netflix. Watched it last night and it's excellent, well worth a watch for any BB fans :thumbsup:

• Like 1

Evora NA

I started Altered Carbon but became bored with it.

Have watched Lost in Space completely and am waiting for the next series. Enjoyed it.

Bibs mentioned Black Mirror. I really enjoyed this. Probably why I liked Unabomber so much as well. Makes you wonder abut where we are headed.

Designated Survivor. My wife and I have both watched this twice, Waiting for the next series. Surprising how many things I had forgotten from when I watched it the first time.

Enjoyed the Marvel series as well.

There are others. I'll remember them eventually.

Santa Clarita Diet starts off fun, but the joke starts to run out of steam.

All we know is that when they stop making this, we will be properly, properly sad.Jeremy Clarkson on the Esprit.

Opinions are like armpits. Everyone has them, some just stink more than others.

• Gold FFM

Altered Carbon takes time but it is bloody good.

If you get Prime try Goliath with Billy Bob Thornton. Also Bosch is very good with Titus Welliver.

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Bloody loved this. Soooooooooooo good and for once Orlando Bloom is excellent!

• 2 months later...

Just finished watching this on Sky, it was excellent and well recommended. 

• Like 1

Evora NA