free hit
counters
lighter 20/19 wheels. - Ride/Handling/Suspension/Brakes/Wheels/Tyres - The Lotus Forums - Lotus Community Partner #ForTheOwners Jump to content

IGNORED

lighter 20/19 wheels.

I am just about ready to order some new wheels for my S.

Forged, machined, coated.

19 inch weight is 7.5kg to 8 kg max

20 inch is 8.9-9.0 kg max.

Obviously all matched in pairs.

Cost is approx. 3500.00 per set.

If anyone is interested please contact me and I'll see if we can get a discount on the 3500.

wheel.jpg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 28
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Projex own I think, but they aren't letting on to who makes them.

They have confirmed track use on the S1 though at 1425kg nominal weight, side loadings and kerb riding.

They can also be finished in any colour at the same price.

• Gold FFM

That is and was a hell of a price there @Bravo73 for those wheels. I'm still looking but am coming round to the idea of 18" all around after not being too keen. Keep on posting the pictures..... I'll get there..... :)

Alcohol. Sex. Tobacco. Drugs. Chocolate.  Meh! NOTHING in this world is as addictive as an Evora +0. It's not for babies!    

The first guy to ride a bull for fun, was a true hero. The second man to follow him was truly nuts!   

Jonny, did you keep the same oem offsets?

I'm just specing the extra width 10J instead of 9.5J and wondering to stick the wheel out an extra 1/2 inch, or whether there's enough space to let the wheel move 1/4 inch inboard and stick out 1/4 inch. (Rears only)

my bc forged rz05 wheels same specs as Bravo73....

tires are Continental Extreme Contact Sport
(Front - 225/40/18) (Rear - 265/35/18)

whats the best tire pressure for this set-up i am currently using 32psi front (warm), 36psi rear (warm) "Street Use"

DSC_0332.JPG

Edited by phenoyz

• 2 months later...

Has anyone come across these? https://www.leitspeed-wheels.de/en/wheel-lsl-01/

I am looking for some Forged wheels in 19 and 20” for my 400 and found that the options are limited and expensive.

This Company seam to have developed a set even lighter than the standard forged Lotus Wheels.

I have found the Lotus offsets really limit the choice of aftermarket wheels?

A52DFF5E-F441-48C9-91D4-7D4E916453F8.jpeg

BC Forged cannot make wheels for the evora in OEM spec.  I spoke to them last August, and this was their response: "our 20 inch wheel barrell does not lend itself to clearing the brakes on the Evora due to shape and design". 

However, BC Forged did tell me that they work closely with another brand that may be able to help, but I didnt pursue it any further.

From BC forged

"

The maximum offset BC Racing will supply the wheels in so they can clear your calliper is et49. They will supply a set in a higher offset, however they will need to send us a form and you would need to give us a few measurements so they can make the wheel around it.

Also, to get the wheels to use the standard Lotus centre cap, they have not got the Lotus size/profiles on file, however they have said if we send them one of your centre caps, then they will custom machine the wheels to be able to use them.

The price for the wheels would be £2640 + £40 for delivery to you.

1 hour ago, Cypriot said:

BC Forged cannot make wheels for the evora in OEM spec.  I spoke to them last August, and this was their response: "our 20 inch wheel barrell does not lend itself to clearing the brakes on the Evora due to shape and design". 

Oh yes, they can. You might have to source them via the USA though:

http://hethelsport.com/wheels/bc-forged/

(Although, TBH, I still reckon that if you supplied the sizes and offsets to a UK BC Forged dealer, they would be able to source the wheels direct from the factory in Taiwan. PM if you’d like the details of such a UK supplier).