free hit
counters
PANASONIC COCKPIT DOME LAMP - Wanted - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
dmc12

PANASONIC COCKPIT DOME LAMP

I am loking for a dome lamp assy fitted on the PANSONIC COCKPIT RM-310, RM-610 or 710 model (Dome lamp is the same on the three type)

As some  Esprit  owners have fitted  Panasonic Cockpit on their cars in cutting it (removing the dome lamp assy ), I wonder if  one of you has kept the dome lamp .

Many thanks in advance.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Pretty sure I’ve still got mine somewhere. It’s just a case of laying my hands on it. Will keep an eye out.

Richard

Thank you Richard,

That's great.

And , by the way, if you have the four screws to fit it , that's will be fantastic.

Michel

Hi Michel....I will keep an eye out.

Its one of those things I see now and then...carefully wrapped up. I rarely throw anything away so it’s about somewhere. I bought the RM610 as new old stock so the lamp hasnt ever been used. 

Bear with me whilst I hunt it out.

Thanks

Richard

Hi Richard,

Has your hunt been successfull ?

Kind regards,

Michel

Hi Michel

The search continues. It’s probably within 40ft of where I’m sitting but there is quite a lot to search through.

When I do eventually find it...and I will, you have first refusal on it. Can’t be many unused ones out there.

Will let you know when it pops up.

Kind regards

Richard

Im sure i read somewhere these were Jaguar related. Maybe XJS. Possibly worth investigating 

Hi all,

I'll jump in the queue for a light assembly as well. Will appreciate any help.

Thanks Michel for making the post.

Steve.

Hi Michel, just put my new dome lamp for sale. 

No worries it's on eBay. Cheers. 

At last a photo of said dome, which is nothing like a dome at all. 

Could I see a photo of this square dome light in situ. One of us might recognise it's origin.

Has a dome light ever been fitted to a Lotus?

I'm not sure where you would fit it in an Esprit

Wasn’t that the bit that needed to be removed from the roof stereo to allow it to be fitted in the Esprit ?

Yep it won't fit in an Esprit, but a lot of people have them in their other cars. It goes at the end of the stereo, the area that's removed from the Lotus. This system was fitted in some very high end cars and no doubt the Dome lights are discoloured. This one is unused and crystal clear. Expensive, but that simply reflects what I have had to pay for parts to assemble my James Bond Turbo. Open to offers. It's back to front in this picture! IMG_4848.thumb.JPG.34ec7b2bff425d9cfc6af172c62efa16.JPG

• Like 1

Hi Michel I have another Dome lamp. The lips on the rear of the clear lense have broken off leaving only one. The small plastic lever handle bitbis missing. The lense could be glued and a plastic insert easily made. Yours for £50 plus postage. You get the entire switch mechanism and light assembly.IMG_5177.thumb.JPG.875bb703adf3d74a9f1ca34c25423cf5.JPGIMG_5178.thumb.JPG.9cf312bce90b7ad93a82444ebe5e9da2.JPG

PM if interested