free hit
counters
Is there a way to find specific colours on the forum? - V6 Exige Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
RoflOnMyWaffle

Is there a way to find specific colours on the forum?

Hey guys, slow day at work has had me searching through the forum for photos of the V6 Exiges.

I've been trying to decide on a few colours I'd like my car to be in, but so far I've only managed to narrow it down to 9 possibilities hahaha

All I know is so far I don't like white, yellow and "gloss red"

Can anyone point me in the direction to find specific colours - google images is hard to use because I don't know which colours are which. Like is it just a good/bad photo of the same colour or is it a different colour.

So far I like the following:

Aubergine Purple

Autumn Bronze

Burnt Orange

Chrome Orange

Metallic Orange - Not quite sure if I've found good pics

Flame Red - Assuming it's as dark/deep as I think it is.

Voodoo Blue - It's similar to Yas Marina blue, correct?

Nightfall Blue

Toxic Green - More "subtle" than Kawasaki green but is it discontinued? 

Now I realise that pics won't ever do it justice, but I'd like to narrow it down a bit if I can :)

Any links/tips for the forum would be appreciated

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
1 hour ago, RoflOnMyWaffle said:

All I know is so far I don't like yellow

:angry:

• Like 1

Just now, GFWilliams said:

:angry:

Yours is the exception - But I think that's your good photography and those damn sexy Afterburners! 

You've got a dedicated thread for it but otherwise not so far as I am aware. Most of the colours you mention are older and so would be special order for the most part...

someone should create a post where we have one car in every color we have in the forum listed there with the name of the color

All you need to do is google the colour and name and you get plenty of shots. For example. Toxic green exige.

1 hour ago, mark248am said:

someone should create a post where we have one car in every color we have in the forum listed there with the name of the color

This is a good idea since photobucket...kicked the bucket ?

Half the pics I find aren't pics anymore on the forum, or don't have a name. So I'm stuck googling vague terms and colours.

As an aside, we've fixed that problem now and all remote images are sucked from their respective site onto TLF servers to remain forever. We've been doing this for a couple of years now :)

image.thumb.png.df5f4d6629029a241de283f9a1c43cc4.png

I'm still getting these I'm afraid :( Been through all 61 pages just scrolling and looking at pictures, but they aren't much good without a name!

That's a 2012 Photobucket image. As I said, we've only been doing this since photobucket went rogue so old stuff they hosted is gone. 

As someone suggested above it would be great if someone could start a thread with examples of Lotus colours, and a photo of each example. It seems to work quite well on other single marque forums.

I'll gladly post threads about all that, and we can "sticky" it to the top, but I'm going to need sample pics from the forum and 100% guarantees it's the right colour! 

:thumbup:

2 threads for you to start. 1 for pic requests. and 1 for definitive pics. I'll pin the 2nd one... 

Have started the ball rolling, but might need some editing - Please feel free to post any criticisms in the threads I started - they are copy/paste so only one time needed per issue :)

Hopefully we can get a nice collection going, and I'm happy to do any work I can to help 

• Like 1