free hit
counters
How much do the GT430 seats cost ? - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
DJW

How much do the GT430 seats cost ?

One for down the line, but fancy a 410 in the future but find the seats a bit small for a GT car.  Love the GT430 ones though, so wondered if a) you can buy them and b) the cost ?

Impressed by the lightweight seats that will come in a £50k Alpine tbh 

5FA1C8CB-811B-4D38-8AD4-5A774F800DEE.jpeg.95d1bb5de88cf61ceeb0f131de70be2f.jpeg

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Are you talking about the ‘carbon buckets’? I thought that they were the same in the 410 & GT430. 

Otherwise, it’s the standard Sparcos. 

I've got access to a brand new pair of 410 carbon seats at a bargain price if anyone is interested. PM me for pics :) 

Carbon buckets where £3800 where a option on the Cup 220, standard on the 250, same seat as the standard 430 Carbon bucket.

1 hour ago, DJW said:

One for down the line, but fancy a 410 in the future but find the seats a bit small for a GT car.  Love the GT430 ones though, so wondered if a) you can buy them and b) the cost ?

Impressed by the lightweight seats that will come in a £50k Alpine tbh 

5FA1C8CB-811B-4D38-8AD4-5A774F800DEE.jpeg.95d1bb5de88cf61ceeb0f131de70be2f.jpeg

In my opinion the Alpine seat looks better and as light as anything Lotus as on offer and like you say a £50k car, got give them credit 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Bravo73 said:

Are you talking about the ‘carbon buckets’? I thought that they were the same in the 410 & GT430. 

Otherwise, it’s the standard Sparcos. 

Nope, 410 seats are Exige ones as far as I’m aware 

430 seats are larger.  Quick google shows these

8583F7F2-F6F5-4798-8BD7-80F0320C3392.jpegCome on @The Pits put us put of our misery with correct answer please 

17 minutes ago, DJW said:

430 seats are larger.  Quick google shows these

I’m 99% certain that those are ‘just’ retrimmed Sparcos. 

The ‘option’, fixed back, lightweight seat is the same as the Elise Cup seats. 

Option price is £3500. Presumably that includes some money back for the carbon buckets? I would expect the cost to buy as parts would be higher.

I believe the Alfa Giulia QF uses the same carbon backed Sparcos, who knows? they might be able to supply some cheaper. You wouldn't want GT430 written on a 410 anyway!

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

I’m 99% certain that those are ‘just’ retrimmed Sparcos. 

The ‘option’, fixed back, lightweight seat is the same as the Elise Cup seats

Assume  the Elise Cup seats are same Carbon seats I have in my Exige, which I definitely felt were too small for the Evora cabin.  Sat in the GT430 standard seats and it was perfect.  @JayEmm what seats did you retrofit to your 400 ?

10 minutes ago, DJW said:

Sat in the GT430 standard seats and it was perfect.  

They are still just the standard Sparcos, albeit with cf backs. You can spec those in a 410. 

• Thanks 1

24 minutes ago, Bravo73 said:

They are still just the standard Sparcos, albeit with cf backs. You can spec those in a 410. 

Christ , you are right, after looking at photos.  How much lighter are the CF versions than standard 400 seats ?

@DJW Cobra Nogaros, available in both Carbon and GRP. They fit the Evora's cabin beautifully I think.

Mine are slightly differently trimmed now, but you get the idea. Carbon is absolutely top notch on them.

I have a personal dislike of the Exige/Elise seats in the Evora because they stab me in the sides. I know people have differing opinions of them. I don't mind them in their original fitment!

_DSC1630_small.jpg

_DSC1648_small.jpg

• Thanks 1

If you dont need the seats to be folding, then try to get another carbon seat instead of the sparcos, for weight reasons.  The seats in the 410 were the single biggest weight saving change over the 400, so it would seem rather silly to spec them back in! (in my mind at least!)

However, if you do want them, here they are:

http://www.sportseats4u.co.uk/sparco-spx-reclining-sport-seat/prod_6549.html

I have never been able to find the weight difference between the carbon and GRP versions of this seat though... I did a lot of searching before getting my car, as I really wanted a 410 with comfier seats, folding to give access to rear for luggage, but still lightweight to not make the price premium of the 410 pointless by making it weigh as much as a 400 again!! I didnt find a seat that fulfilled that, so I went 400...

• Thanks 1

FWIW the weight saving of my Cobras was 7.5kg a seat over the Sparcos.

Cobra said the Sparcos were already quite light for what they are

So from another thread re weight of standard 400 seat 

Now the Alpine seat for comparison is 13kg, but not sure if that is with runners or not.

dont forget that you are comparing a folding bucket seat, with a non-folding seat, so its not exactly apples to apples...