free hit
counters
IPS Updates - Page 2 - Forum Info & Help - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Ta-da! 

• Thanks 1

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.
  • Replies 43
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

https://www.thelotusforums.com/forums/settings/links/ 👍

Zero credit to me mate, I just click the buttons!  Been using this software for 20 years now, nearly 16 years on TLF! It's very good still and I do think it's great they still do so much to keep

Who is Lindy?

Zero credit to me mate, I just click the buttons! 

Been using this software for 20 years now, nearly 16 years on TLF! It's very good still and I do think it's great they still do so much to keep it fresh and feature rich. 

• Like 2

88 Esprit NA, 89 Esprit Turbo SE, Evora, Evora S, Evora IPS, Evora S IPS, Evora S IPS SR, Evora 400, Elise S1, Elise S1 111s, Evora GT410 Sport

Evora NA

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators. I will aim to respond to emails/PM's Mon-Fri 9-6 GMT. 

Only glitch I can see is it takes you to the start of posts now rather than latest post in the thread or is it just me 🙄

I like the new look and still exploring the updates 🍻

Do or do not, there is no try! 

The upgrade isn't working for me. Some of the issues are I'm not getting any pictures (there's a 'spacer.png' in their place), the 'like' button is a grey circle and I cannot select certain things such as the reply box (I'm having to do this reply on a different PC). It's probably due to the usual problem of people not taking into account older operating systems (I like my heavily tweaked XP) and software.

The release notes did state that they've stopped support for IE11 or earlier. 

I found that clearing my cache gave everything the chance to update, perhaps that's worth a try?

Evora NA

Thanks Robin - I've been testing it on our dev site since Beta 1 through to Beta 12. Load of cool new toys and I'm super impressed how quick it is. We're also going to php 7.4 which is now fully supported which will give us even more speed increases!

• Like 1

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

On the psychology of change... When testing thermal comfort in occupied spaces on human occupants, it was found that there is no ideal fixed constant thermal  condition that the occupants wouldn't complain about eventually. Even the slightest of changes (cooler / warmer) were perceived as an improvement. As true for physiology as it is for s/w UX :)  

• Haha 1

Haha, very true and I can see that really is the case.

I've tried to make it look as much as it did before to ease the transition. We had a right ol' bun fight when 4.0 came out as that was a very, very big change. Been using this software since pre-v1 to be fair, it's had a lot of changes over the years but they are all necessary to keep up with other options available nowadays. I firmly believe this software is head and shoulders in the lead, the company are super responsive to requests and support is excellent. 

• Like 1

Evora NA

Everything is working great for me, it does seem quicker and it's looking good.  The only setting I had to reinstate was going to the first unread post on a thread.

• Like 1

There's a new mobile app which goes with the forum software now. 

It's still be beta but we've been accepted into the program. If you'd like to try, here are the link but please bear in mind that until it's released fully, it's unsupported.

Apple App Store - https://testflight.apple.com/join/bzsWOXFO

Google Play Store - https://play.google.com/apps/testing/com.invisioncommunity.communities

Evora NA

• Gold FFM

Tried it - won’t accept any code on the redeem bit

Only here once

• 2 weeks later...
On 19/08/2020 at 23:14, LOTUSMAN33 said:

Only glitch I can see is it takes you to the start of posts now rather than latest post in the thread or is it just me 🙄

I like the new look and still exploring the updates 🍻

On 19/08/2020 at 23:26, Bibs said:

Thanks for this, it was driving me mad as it was somehow reset recently. Plus I'm getting a lot more ads than before.

Signature not working...

Better now? :)

Evora NA