free hit
counters
1994 S4 Ignition Key Blank - Misc including parts cross references - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
ramjet

1994 S4 Ignition Key Blank

Can anyone tell me what it was taken from? I have never had a spare key and I thought I would get it sorted before selling the car. It isn't a Holden (Vauxhall?) blank as that one from that year has a groove cut in both sides of the key that isn't in my original. May not make any difference to operation, but who knows.

The guy in the key shop came up with a blank, a HU100, which is very popular in Opel/Vauxhalls but while it looks the same thickness-wise, I think it is too narrow across the width. I had a key cut in WA, but it was slightly too wide and would not go into the locks.

Had a bit of a search on here, but didn't come up with anything. can anyone help? Would Lotus themselves still be able to tell me where the ignition set was sourced from?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

My spare is a Silca branded aftermarket key which says YM and 27P on it. Hope this helps.

That helps a lot Shaun. Confirms what I found on Espritfactfile. Thanks. :) 

I bought the following for my S3 - so probably not the same for your S4 but you never know.

In short, I compared the images of blank keys for sale on Ebay and took a punt on these which were exactly right.

ORDER DATE

09 Sep, 2017
ORDER TOTAL
£5.79
+ £1.69
postage
Order set 2 Uncut Blank key blade Land Rover Defender,British Leyland,Maserati LotusView similar itemsView seller's other items
1 item sold by qna78
set 2 Uncut Blank key blade Land Rover Defender,British Leyland,Maserati Lotus

set 2 Uncut Blank key blade Land Rover Defender,British Leyland,Maserati Lotus
( 282642470381 )

link

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/set-2-Uncut-Blank-key-blade-Land-Rover-Defender-British-Leyland-Maserati-Lotus-/282748098474?hash=item41d51997aa

They are NOT the keys. They fit the BL door locks prior to 93.

These are.....

IMG_0005.JPG