Web
Analytics Made Easy - Statcounter
Evora 400 Hesitation / Jerking - Page 2 - Engine & Ancilliaries/Gearbox - The Lotus Forums - Official Lotus Community Partner Jump to content

IGNORED

Evora 400 Hesitation / Jerking

Still on my original battery on 2010 NA. In winter I just put it on the Ctek charger if it's going to be left for 2 or more weeks. So they don't all eat batteries, but I don't know why some seem to need new ones so often - there may be a current drain somewhere maybe?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

I do have a reader @Colin P, but it doesnt detect anything when I plug it in.
I had the same issue in the fact there was no spanner on the dash, but still had the lurching issue which was then cleared by the dealer.

13 hours ago, Whitey said:

Still on my original battery on 2010 NA. In winter I just put it on the Ctek charger if it's going to be left for 2 or more weeks. So they don't all eat batteries, but I don't know why some seem to need new ones so often - there may be a current drain somewhere maybe?

Yes I never had any issues with my 2010 NA at all battery wise, which is why its odd the 400 has.
I havent been able to identify any power drains.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

New battery is in, and on the trickle charger. Little concerned that it was with a good level of charge but the trickle charger is still going after 3 hours.
Time will tell I guess, least its got a 5 year warranty if it goes to crap quickly.

.:: Lotus Evora 400 - Red ::.. | ..:: Polestar 2 - Midnight Blue | Ducati Panigale V2 - Red | Indian Scout Bobber - Black | Honda CB1000R Neo Cafe Racer - Black ::..

Looks like the trickle charger was having a moment. I disconnected it, check the voltage and it was 13.5, reconnected the charger and it went to green, so all good again ... for now :)
Now just need to go back to the dealers for resets.

• 2 weeks later...

Anyone else comment on the slight squeal noise in this video?
It difficult to pick up on the phone, but I believe its still a slight squeal / whistle coming from the pulleys since the belt has been replaced.

I might be getting abit overly paranoid now :) so wondering if this is how they all sound or not.

I only noticed as I was out fitting a CTek Comfort Indicator to help keep an eye on the battery level.

Edited by dalepearson

13 hours ago, dalepearson said:

I only noticed as I was out fitting a CTek Comfort Indicator to help keep an eye on the battery level.

I fitted one of those recently. My battery is 2 months old and this is green after a drive, amber the morning after and red soon after that! Car still starts fine though so I'm concluding it's a waste of time and not very accurate! 

For forum issues, please contact the Moderators.

I think you might be right @Bibs I have fitted them to each of my cars, got them for £3.50 each (so cheap), and the result vary wildly.
When you read the small print it they cover their arse by saying its only an "indicator" :) On the plus side now I have easy charging access on all the cars.

• Like 1

• 10 months later...

Howdy All,

I think I have a similar problem in my NA Evora.  When going from standstill to moving at slow to mid speeds in gears 1 and 2 the car can sometimes jerk and hesitate a bit like a new driver engaging the clutch.  In the higher gears and at faster launch speeds there is no problem.  Engine sounds fine, no warning lights on the dash, no other weird noises and if driving briskly car drives smooth.

Do I have the same issue as on this thread?  Might it be fixed with a new clutch pedal sensor?

Is part 14, A132J0107H, Potentiometer, clutch the part that I need?

https://www.deroure.com/partinfo.asp?MAK=1&MDL=20&TBL=6704&SMA=0&SMO=0&ST=&SC=0&PBID=399498

Many thanks!

Is it also worth cleaning the MAF sensor too (and cleaning up the contacts on the MAF sensor connector junction) as that's a cheap and quick thing to try ?

Edit to say, I see this has already been covered. 

Edited by trcm
Someone already covered this

12 hours ago, Bruss said:

GM part no is 10366474

Where is this in the parts book, I cannot locate it

3 hours ago, trcm said:

Is it also worth cleaning the MAF sensor too (and cleaning up the contacts on the MAF sensor connector junction) as that's a cheap and quick thing to try ?

Edit to say, I see this has already been covered. 

Easy Job and makes a noticeable difference

My issue (which isnt 100% gone, but dramatically improved) was resolved with a MAF sensor mounting change (fixed with cable tie as part of recall) and updated car software which had some throttle related tweaks.
In general its loads better, but still have the occasionally jerking, but not enough to complain about.

• Like 1

* update *  ... I gave my MAF sensor a spray with cleaner today and now the car is running nice and smooth!   I even have more power and better economy! There was a dead spot in the torque low down that's been filled in nicely and feels more powerful all round.  Win, Win situation and it only took a couple minutes to sort out!  😁

Thank you all for the help and advise, it was very appreciated!  

• Like 2

• 1 year later...

Hi all,  So I think I have clutch sensor problems now.  Cruise control gets knocked off when going over bumps, there is also a little delay when getting back on the power after changing gear.   Car now has a MAP sensor so the MAF is no longer used so it must be the clutch sensor this time.

Got the part number from previous points (thank you) so I have a replacement ready to bolt in.  It was easy enough to get the old one out, 3mm Allen key and bolt comes out and unplug the cable....   but how the ***** do get the new one in? I cant see when the bolt hole in the bracket lines up with the hole in the sensor to thread the bolt in?

Not sure if I'm being stupid here and missing an easy trick?

I see there are 2 hex bolts holding the metal bracket that holds the sensor.  Can I just undo these bolts and take the bracket out, fit the sensor and then put the bracket back in. 

Not near the car now so cant take a photo or find one online.