free hit
counters
Evora 400 service schedule - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
RichardC

Evora 400 service schedule

I cant get my head around the service intervals for my 400. I know that generally a service is due every 9000 miles. If the car had its running-in service at 1000 miles on the clock, then when is it next due it service? 9000 or 10000 on the odometer? Also how much leeway to go over the milage are you allowed before the warranty is voided? Thanks.

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

It will be due 9,000 miles FROM when it was last serviced.

Leeway is "minor", I'd say a few hundred or a month or two.

My running in service was done at 1,400 miles for example and this was acceptable. Therefore my first service would need to be done at 10,400... but I actually hit the year mark before that. So it was serviced 1yr from the running in service.

Make sense?

I asked Lotus this question because I said surely the running in service counts as a service. They said to service at 9,000 miles anyway, but in all honesty by any manufacturer's standards they seem very relaxed when it comes to warranty claims etc. A very refreshing and un-corporate approach.

Quoting the Service Notes, Section OM, Page 3 or 6, updated 27th September 2017:  

"Each service should be performed within 9,000 miles (15,000 km) or 12 months of the previous service, whichever first occurs."