free hit
counters
Best Evora 400 track day upgrades - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Cypriot

Best Evora 400 track day upgrades

Just wanted to start a little discussion on what people think are the best value for money/important upgrades for doing a couple of track days.  The first and only upgrade I have done was change the brake fluid, as I found the fluid boiling on my first track day.  For a modest £70, the brakes are now completely fade free for me, so it was a complete no brainer and great value for money upgrade to do.  That got me thinking... Would a set of Cup 2 tyres all round for approx £1000 equate to big enough track day difference to be worth it? Or maybe someone has another suggestion for an upgrade.  Just to start a little debate... Lets ignore the noise issue as well for the purposes of this thread...

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Track day tyres will certainly give you the single biggest improvement (after driver tuition). Ideally, you would have a second set of dedicated track wheels & tyres. (Otherwise, you would obviously be using/wasting your more expensive track rubber on the roads). 

After that, suspension. Then weight loss. 

(I’ve also edited your thread title because I presume that you’re after 400 upgrades. Arguably, the list for the original Evora might be in a different order). 

• Like 1

Yep, tires for sure and a proper "more agressive" geometry going with it :)

thanks for the replies.  So tyres seem to be the next thing to do... best get on with ruining my current set then!!

I got a 410 geometry done, but I genuinely couldn't tell the different behind the helm... that could just be down to my lack of skill or something, but it wasn't as transformative as I thought it was going to be! Maybe just need to go more aggressive...

Don’t forget that any ‘aggression’ in geo to improve turn in on track is probably going to cost you in tyre wear on the roads. 

Increased rear camber has given me less tyre wear on the rear.  The generally more agressive geo front and rear along with 'stiffer' suspension has reduced understeer on long sweeping curves.

Found tyre wear to be much less on the 400 than S1 as standard.  Tyres were like brand new on my car with 8-9k miles on it.