free hit
counters
instrument pack - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content

Hi All,

am currently bought an used Exige 350 with miles on the instrument pack,

but need to change to KM instead therefore have bought one from Lotus and thats the newest version.

Lotus UK told me i have to do the calibrate or the instrument pack will not work properly, however the local dealer in my country is not willing to help as my car is not bought from them but imported, any alternative method or any suggestion what I can do?

Thanks

TT

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

Order a garw digital dash, it's much better than stock anyway!

• Like 1

that looks awesome!

but i have bought a new km instrument pack already...

Do you have access to a dealer with the Lotus Techcentre (the diagnostics software)?

I imagine that is what is needed to calibrate your new dials. 

I would speak to Lotus about giving your dealer a kick up the arse! Whats the point in selling you the part if the dealer wont support it!

As Jonny said, they need to plug it into the techcentre and change the country code I believe. If your dealer isn't willing to do this, please PM me who they are and I'll have a word with Lotus for you to see if there are any issues? 

Thanks guys!

Now Lotus UK is helping me to sort that out by asking the dealer, will see.

HK Distributor refused to help even UK Lotus asked them to.. 

Anyways my friend is going to London in two weeks later, I am thinking to ask him to bring the instrument pack to UK and see where we can do the calibration there, any suggestion? Thanks!

@JonoSeven, would this be something you guys could help with please? I'd guess the instrument pack needs to be connected to a car and it's ECU for the tech centre to be able to change the country code, or is it not that easy? If not, I can ask if this can be sent to the factory to be done?

i have asked UK Lotus and they replied they cannot help because its against their policy to do so. They tried to ask HK distributor to help but refused..

1 hour ago, TTSE said:

i have asked UK Lotus and they replied they cannot help because its against their policy to do so

Totally, totally, abysmal after sales service... 💩💩💩💩💩💩

I’m not sure that you’ve read the whole thread, have you?

Errrrmmmm yes, why?

OP imports a car from one territory to another (hence the change from MPH to KPH). 

Franchised dealer in new territory refuses to help (because car wasn’t purchased via them & effectively a foreign import).

Lotus UK says that they can’t help due to company policy (probably due to helping protect sells within particular territories).

OP, unfortunately, stuck between a ‘rock and a hard place’.

So, how exactly is that “totally, totally, abysmal after sales service...“ from Lotus UK?

Does it really matter where the car came from? I imported my Mustang from Houston when I lived there, Ford UK didn't say "Fek Off" whan I went asking about parts and so forth. I am pretty sure they could put some pressure on the local distributor to help the guy if they really wanted to.

If Lotus had pulled the stops out to help probably the guy would go "WoW" terrific, word of mouth advertising and all that; now I wonder if this dude will ever buy another...? On the other hand Lotus, rather Oakmere, have been spot on with getting all the stuff I needed for warranty work...

But I ramble on....

On 09/01/2018 at 12:20, GFWilliams said:

Order a garw digital dash, it's much better than stock anyway!

by the way I have contacted them few months ago I didn't get any answer. 

2 hours ago, Mark030358 said:

I am pretty sure they could put some pressure on the local distributor to help the guy if they really wanted to.

They tried that:

On 09/06/2018 at 06:19, TTSE said:

HK Distributor refused to help even UK Lotus asked them to.. 

The problem seems to lie with the HK distributor who aren’t Lotus themselves, but will be a franchised operation. They are, no doubt, trying to protect their own operation by not making it easy for people to import (probably cheaper) cars from other territories. 

Lotus UK have sold the OP the parts and tried to get the the HK distributor to help. I’m still struggling to see how this can be described as “totally, totally, abysmal after sales service...” :huh:

They could always say we will find another distributor?  

But I ramble on....again

Over one (minor) request (which is against company policy anyway)?

Really??!?

why not...?? "The customer is always right" ;)

But I ramble on....again and again

The OP isn’t their customer. Remember?

Anyway, I’m oot. 🙄

me to ;) 

Bizarre situation.  Lotus is global so you would expect its main dealers  and supporting network to provide  a service to any client, especially if a chargeable piece of work. 

In the late 90’s I flew to Japan and bought some cars at auction.  No problems getting work done on them back in the  Uk. 

I'll be speaking with the Head of Asia at Lotus on Monday to get to the bottom of this. 

• Like 1

good man @Bibs :respect: