free hit
counters
Harness Bar in Exige v6/Sport 350/ Sport 380 - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
MrP_

Harness Bar in Exige v6/Sport 350/ Sport 380

Another, I expect repeated question but struggle to find the answer with. 

Is there a definitive answer on fitting a harness bar to an Exige v6, and which on is best?

As I understand Lotus's official position is if you do fit a harness bar, and harnesses you will die in a ball of fire as soon as you tighten them and at which point they will not help with any warranty nor remove your toasted corpse from the car.

I also understand this is based on type approval not being available as the platform required airbags for type approval as well as inertia belts, and fixed 4 points were not stated - hence officially they can say nothing else.

However each dealer I've spoken with says 'yeah we'll do it', so things seem to have softened. I expected it to just be like the S2 days where you'd grab any one of a multitude from your chosen Elige add on store and install it in about an hour.

So whats the deal - am I missing something obvious, and will I indeed die in an inferno when installing them?

Is my plan of picking up some Schroth Profi II ASM, a Sector 111 kit to keep normal belts and harnesses and a Seriously Lotus bar, really that flawed?

And why have I ended need enough each line with a question mark?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

my car is at Hofmanns in Henley now having Schroth 4 point harnesses and a harness bar put it. They have told me that it won’t invalidate my warranty and my car is 8 months old. 

I am keeping the seat belts so they are providing the dummy inserts to ensure my seat belt warning light/noise isn’t going off.

i am sure others will be on to advise you of their solution but having dealt with seriously lotus I can highly recommend them.

• Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, GFWilliams said:

I have them and haven't even died yet

Not even a bit?

49 minutes ago, BatMobile said:

my car is at Hofmanns in Henley now having Schroth 4 point harnesses and a harness bar put it. They have told me that it won’t invalidate my warranty and my car is 8 months old. 

I am keeping the seat belts so they are providing the dummy inserts to ensure my seat belt warning light/noise isn’t going off.

i am sure others will be on to advise you of their solution but having dealt with seriously lotus I can highly recommend them.

Ta, was it the seriously lotus bar you used? I know they changed it at the end of last year for a better one

I don’t honestly know, believe they are using one from lotus but I could be wrong.

• Thanks 1

Just now, BatMobile said:

I don’t honestly know, believe they are using one from lotus but I could be wrong.

No worries, I'll give Hoffmans a call

19 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

No worries, I'll give Hoffmans a call

Ask for Martin Pitt 

@BatMobile If I recall correctly, you don't need dummy inserts to retain the inertia reels whilst using harnesses. There should a bullet-type harness connector underneath each seat, this just needs to be unplugged and the dash warning will not illuminate.

• Thanks 1

9dce514c4a.jpgSchroth Profi II inclusive stock belts , sector 111 V-Force harness bar and this is the connector you have to unplug (under each seat).

759d7bc01d.jpg

Edited by ArthouseCompany
  • Thanks 1

I did't know this kit in 2016 and simply removed the washers, then there's enough space for both.

I use the stock belts for short distance drives and the Schroth for longer distances.

Although the Schroth are available from Lotus for some cars they are not officially approved for the Exige V6 and so not street legal if you install it on your own. 

But if you have both installed you can’t get any problem here with our TÜV (MOT). 

5896bf623a.jpg

1cd7ec3986.jpg

Edited by ArthouseCompany
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ArthouseCompany said:

I did't know this kit in 2016 and simply removed the washers, then there's enough space for both.

I use the stock belts for short distance drives and the Schroth for longer distances.

Although the Schroth are available from Lotus for some cars they are not officially approved for the Exige V6 and so not street legal if you install it on your own. 

But if you have both installed you can’t get any problem here with our TÜV (MOT). 

Great, thanks for the confirmation!

On 10/01/2018 at 11:48, Arun_D said:

@BatMobile If I recall correctly, you don't need dummy inserts to retain the inertia reels whilst using harnesses. There should a bullet-type harness connector underneath each seat, this just needs to be unplugged and the dash warning will not illuminate.

This is correct

• Thanks 1