free hit
counters
Eltech Carbon Fiber Side Skirts - Interior/Exterior/Lights/Glass/Alarms/ICE/HVAC/Other - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
FF

Eltech Carbon Fiber Side Skirts

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

These look great. I'll be sure to add them to my shopping list.

19 minutes ago, MrP_ said:

Very nice, do they do them without the logos?

Actually the logos are stickers and if you want you can remove them and / or ask them to send you the side skirts with the stickers not applied so will be up to you to fix them. 

• Thanks 1

Just now, FF said:

Actually the logos are stickers and if you want you can remove them and / or ask them to send you the side skirts with the stickers not applied so will be up to you to fix them. 

brilliant thanks

They look excellent, can you please explain the fitting?

7 minutes ago, TonyKL said:

They look excellent, can you please explain the fitting?

The side skirts will arrive with the holes already done on them and you will receive a full set of screw, washers and threaded rivets. 

To install them you need to put in position the side skirts aligning the front with the plastic front wheel splash guard and the back with the wheel. You need to mark the position of the holes present in the side skirts on the part of body under the car. You will fix in place the threaded rivets and when all fixed you can screw the side skirts using the washers and the screws. 

I attached a pictures of the installation kit you will receive. 

During the installation I added also a stripe of 3M adhesive gasket in order to seal properly the gap between the car and the side skirts. 

The side skirts are very strong and solid. 

IMG_20171223_2054146.jpg

• Like 2

Thanks for the detailed guide, sounds like a good solution.  I've been wanting a set ever since I saw the 380 with them (and the rear fin things)

They look good, I want to do the same, but a bit afraid of making a hole in the body ... Also, where did you get you italian flag on the spoiler ? 

Very good explaination and looks excellent. Can you advise on roughly the placement of the holes and how many rivets/screws per side?

1 hour ago, chumaxa said:

They look good, I want to do the same, but a bit afraid of making a hole in the body ... Also, where did you get you italian flag on the spoiler ? 

Ciao Chumaxa, the flags where done here in a professional car wrapping shop. They did it directly on the car with the 3 different colors. 

I was thinking a lot about the holes before the installation than I got my self convinced. The result is worth the decision in my opinion. If in future you want to remove them you can just fix the screw in the threaded rivets or remove the threaded rivets, filled the holes with car body filler and paint this small area under the car. Once installed I don't think you will remove them??

I suggest to install them in a trusted car body Workshop.

28 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Very good explaination and looks excellent. Can you advise on roughly the placement of the holes and how many rivets/screws per side?

Ciao alias23, the holes are 6 per side if I remember well. 

In this picture you can see the location of the holes under the car.

IMG-20171230-WA0015.jpg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Well I will not remove them, just I have been in some discussions when I sold my cars, about mods, that I want to avoid any selling troubles ...But I really want them, I am sure it is going to help a lot with stoneships as well, so would go for repaint and then fit them.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, chumaxa said:

Well I will not remove them, just I have been in some discussions when I sold my cars, about mods, that I want to avoid any selling troubles ...But I really want them, I am sure it is going to help a lot with stoneships as well, so would go for repaint and then fit them.

Im wondering if Dan at HPE could do the install? 

23 minutes ago, alias23 said:

Im wondering if Dan at HPE could do the install? 

I installed them at the local Lotus dealer. Perfect fit onestly.

I think any professional car body workshop can install it without problems. 

Where in the uk can you order these can't seem to find a website ??

6 minutes ago, Turbo911 said:

Where in the uk can you order these can't seem to find a website ??

I bought them from Eltech Italia and I always talked with Mr Matteo Marchiorato. They sent me the material here in Qatar after production. You can contact him directly by mail. 

This is the mail

[email protected]

Curious... wouldn’t it be better to use WellNuts vs RivNuts given its grp?

Ciao Alias23, 

On my carbon fiber parts the riv nuts are working perfectly. The well nuts for sure they can help to absorb the vibration and avoid possible cracks in future. But you need to consider also that with the time the rubber will deteriorate. Thought decision!!! Honestly if I was in your shoes I will use the riv nuts.

• Thanks 1

On 11/01/2018 at 14:15, FF said:

Ciao Chumaxa, the flags where done here in a professional car wrapping shop. They did it directly on the car with the 3 different colors. 

I was thinking a lot about the holes before the installation than I got my self convinced. The result is worth the decision in my opinion. If in future you want to remove them you can just fix the screw in the threaded rivets or remove the threaded rivets, filled the holes with car body filler and paint this small area under the car. Once installed I don't think you will remove them??

I suggest to install them in a trusted car body Workshop.

Ciao alias23, the holes are 6 per side if I remember well. 

In this picture you can see the location of the holes under the car.

IMG-20171230-WA0015.jpg

Hey FF How do these line up with the front mudguard, have a set to fit and seems almost like they're expected to fit without the guard in place?

Also note the stickers on mine have been lacquered over...  

so you can’t take the stickers off?

how is the quality? I’ve only seen one eltech item (rear wing) and it was so bad I would have returned it instantly. 

Sorry. Can’t help with install. 

24 minutes ago, 550superfast said:

so you can’t take the stickers off?

how is the quality? I’ve only seen one eltech item (rear wing) and it was so bad I would have returned it instantly. 

Sorry. Can’t help with install. 

Was that the surface quality or the carbon layering ? 

3 hours ago, Benjamin said:

Hey FF How do these line up with the front mudguard, have a set to fit and seems almost like they're expected to fit without the guard in place?

Also note the stickers on mine have been lacquered over...  

Ciao Benjamin,

The shape of the side skirts front area is exactly following the mudguard line. My mechanic fixed the side skirts without removing the mudguards because like this he used them as the exact line to follow for the installation. 

Off course you need to be extra carefull to don't damage the mudguards. 

On mine the stickers are removable and not laquered. It is strange they have been laquered. 

You can ask them an explanation. 

Are you happy about the finish of the carbon fiber? 

4 hours ago, FF said:

Ciao Benjamin,

The shape of the side skirts front area is exactly following the mudguard line. My mechanic fixed the side skirts without removing the mudguards because like this he used them as the exact line to follow for the installation. 

Off course you need to be extra carefull to don't damage the mudguards. 

On mine the stickers are removable and not laquered. It is strange they have been laquered. 

You can ask them an explanation. 

Are you happy about the finish of the carbon fiber? 

Really happy with the carbon although would have preferred they were finished both sides even if you do only see the top, just seems to not quite be the fit you're describing. 

Was going g to book them into be fitted but the garage asked initially quoted just shy of £300!! 

1 hour ago, Benjamin said:

Really happy with the carbon although would have preferred they were finished both sides even if you do only see the top, just seems to not quite be the fit you're describing. 

Was going g to book them into be fitted but the garage asked initially quoted just shy of £300!! 

Wow.... 300£?? I will be shy as well.  If I remember well I spent around half of it for the installation. The work will take maximum 1 day.