free hit
counters
dead battery - Evora Chat - The Lotus Forums Jump to content
Iflyppc

dead battery

I recently bought a 2011 evora and put it in storage for the winter. I tried to start it today and the battery is dead. I can't open the truck with the key fob to get to the manuals or to get to the battery. Is there a was to manually open the trunk?

Upgrade today to remove Google ads and support TLF.

There is a pull cable under the rear seat. It may not work if it hasn't been used recently but is worth a try.

There is another way. At the front of the car under the dash against the front bulkhead there is a fuse panel. Remove the cover and see the thicker live cable entry from the top. Connect a spare battery live to this. Connect the spare battery earth to any metal chassis point close to the fuse panel.  This should give enough power to operate the key fob boot release.

,!!!!!!!WARNING WILL ROBINSON!!!!!!!

DO NOT connect the spare battery the wrong way round. It may damage your ecu.

6 minutes ago, Bruss said:

There is a pull cable under the rear seat.

Make sure you pull it towards the centre of the car. 

Just bought a 2011 evora, cable is busted, battery is dead.  Lotus told me to bust the two grills out and loosen the hinges to gain access to the latch.   I put less than 150 miles on this car and already breaking it.  

Absolutely don't do that. Can you not use the key in the drivers door?

Who was the dealer that told you that? 

Can you not put a cigarette charger in the lighter socket ? 

The back emergency cable is broken,  they told me that I may do more damage trying to put charge into the car.   So if you have an evora with a working rear trunk,  i would recomend trying to find a work around in case your stuck in the situation i'm in.

Undertray off, jump leads onto positive post of starter motor and negative on the block, hope there is enough battery life to fire the locks.

Good luck.

Dave

How easily accessible is the starter.   Taking panel off tomorrow to see if I can access hinges to trunk.    

On 1/10/2018 at 10:18, Stuart Monument said:

Can you not put a cigarette charger in the lighter socket ? 

I thought of that but it’s not hot unless key is on.   I spoke with Lotuscars who said I may do more damage trying to get some power than pop the trunk

On 1/10/2018 at 10:14, Bibs said:

Absolutely don't do that. Can you not use the key in the drivers door?

Who was the dealer that told you that? 

Called lotus who transferred me to their warranty division.   I can get in the car just now in the trunk.  

On 1/11/2018 at 04:06, Hangar 111 said:

Undertray off, jump leads onto positive post of starter motor and negative on the block, hope there is enough battery life to fire the locks.

Good luck.

Dave

I’m going to Atempt this.  Was a little nervous about putting power into the car which may affect the computer.   

On 14/01/2018 at 02:29, lotusdrake said:

I’m going to Atempt this.  Was a little nervous about putting power into the car which may affect the computer.   

It's the same as connecting jump leads, just be extra careful about connecting your positive so as not to short, and always ensure you connect the terminals the correct way around!

Dave